Beats by Dr. Dre Spotlights 'The Game Before the Game' World Cup Ad as First Project on Apple [Watch YouTube Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 6, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Just days after Apple officially announced the closure of is deal with Beats Music to the tune of $3 billion, Beats by Dr. Dre released a pre-World Cup ad entitled "The Game Before the Game."
The 5.04-minute long video spotlights the unseen game played in the locker room and the various activities that players and fans around the globe performed in preparation for the big FIFA World Cup games ahead. Some clasped their hands in prayer while others donned good luck charms. There are also those who painted their nails and bodies with tattoos and there are those who wore nationalistic undies.
There are also those who wrote the names of their favorite athletes on paper or showed off the flags of their respective countries. There are also fans who attended parties and swapped pictures of the athletes they support. There are even little children who at their very young age already have their favorites.
But the most common denominator of all is music as revealed in the various Beats headsets worn by the various athletes all throughout the video. The headsets were connected to a gold iPhone 5S. The background music "Jungle" by X Ambassadors & Jamie N Commons is played throughout the World Cup ad.
The star-studded video features various athletes such as Neymar Jr., Bacary Sagna, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Blaise Matuidi, Cesc Fàbregas, Daniel Sturridge, Chicharito, Jozy Altidore, Luis Suárez, Mario Götze, and Robin van Persie. There were also cameo appearances of Neymar da Silva Sr., LeBron James, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Rafaella Beckran, Rio Ferdinand, Serena Williams, Sydney Leroux, Stuart Scott, and Thierry Henry.
According to an article from Advertising Age, Beats chief marketing officer Omar Johnson talked about LeBron James' cameo appearance on the World Cup ad.
"He heard about the commercial; he wanted to be in it," Johnson stated. With the NBA star being a Samsung endorser, Johnson stated: "He's going to be all over the place."
The only Apple sign that can be seen on the video is the iPhone 5S that Brazilian soccer star Neymar da Silva Santos Jr and his dad used to call each other for inspiration. The Advertising Age also cited that Apple was not mentioned during the unveiling event of the video on Wednesday evening. But the Wolrd Cup ad just goes to show that the $3 billion company that Apple purchased is such a culturally powerful brand.
Since Beats is not an official endorser of the FIFA World Cup, the video did not mention the event all throughout the presentation.
Watch Beats by Dr. Dre 'The Game Before the Game' World Cup Ad on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge