iOS 8: Tips and Tricks to Install and Download Latest iOS on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and More
By jaskiran kaur | June 6, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Apple officially announced its next generation operating system iOS 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The free software update is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display and iPad with retina display and iPod touch fifth generation and later models. Introducing the iOS 8, Apple promised some cool features like new and smarter keyboard, time-lapse capture video, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, HealthKit, New Siri and more.
However, the much anticipated iOS upgrade will not be made available until later this year. But for those who are eager, here are few tips and tricks to upgrade your iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, new generation iPad and more. Unfortunately, this guide caters to Apple developers, while regular users are recommended to wait for iOS 8 Beta download available on IMZDL page.
For Apple developers, here are some steps to follow in order to download and install iOS 8:
Checking the compatibility and ensuring that the device is registered to developer's account is the first and the foremost step in getting the free software update that is yet to launch. One can register as a developer by paying $99 per year.
After that connect your device to iTunes newest version 11.2.2 and back up the data on the device.
Then locate the compatible iOS 8 beta in the Developer Center and download the software for your iPhone.
To restore the data, connect the Apple device to the computer. For Mac users, hold alt/option and for Windows hold shift and click restore. Then locate the .ispw file that was downloaded in the previous step. Open it to complete the process of installing iOS 8 on your iPhone models, iPads or iPods.
As for the regular users, they can download and install iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and more in the fall 2014 or autumn. iPhone 6 is expected to hit the markets at the same time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected