iOS 8: Tips and Tricks to Install and Download Latest iOS on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and More
By jaskiran kaur | June 6, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Apple officially announced its next generation operating system iOS 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The free software update is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display and iPad with retina display and iPod touch fifth generation and later models. Introducing the iOS 8, Apple promised some cool features like new and smarter keyboard, time-lapse capture video, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, HealthKit, New Siri and more.
However, the much anticipated iOS upgrade will not be made available until later this year. But for those who are eager, here are few tips and tricks to upgrade your iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, new generation iPad and more. Unfortunately, this guide caters to Apple developers, while regular users are recommended to wait for iOS 8 Beta download available on IMZDL page.
For Apple developers, here are some steps to follow in order to download and install iOS 8:
Checking the compatibility and ensuring that the device is registered to developer's account is the first and the foremost step in getting the free software update that is yet to launch. One can register as a developer by paying $99 per year.
After that connect your device to iTunes newest version 11.2.2 and back up the data on the device.
Then locate the compatible iOS 8 beta in the Developer Center and download the software for your iPhone.
To restore the data, connect the Apple device to the computer. For Mac users, hold alt/option and for Windows hold shift and click restore. Then locate the .ispw file that was downloaded in the previous step. Open it to complete the process of installing iOS 8 on your iPhone models, iPads or iPods.
As for the regular users, they can download and install iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and more in the fall 2014 or autumn. iPhone 6 is expected to hit the markets at the same time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]