iOS 8: Tips and Tricks to Install and Download Latest iOS on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and More
By jaskiran kaur | June 6, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Apple officially announced its next generation operating system iOS 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The free software update is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display and iPad with retina display and iPod touch fifth generation and later models. Introducing the iOS 8, Apple promised some cool features like new and smarter keyboard, time-lapse capture video, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, HealthKit, New Siri and more.
However, the much anticipated iOS upgrade will not be made available until later this year. But for those who are eager, here are few tips and tricks to upgrade your iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, new generation iPad and more. Unfortunately, this guide caters to Apple developers, while regular users are recommended to wait for iOS 8 Beta download available on IMZDL page.
For Apple developers, here are some steps to follow in order to download and install iOS 8:
Checking the compatibility and ensuring that the device is registered to developer's account is the first and the foremost step in getting the free software update that is yet to launch. One can register as a developer by paying $99 per year.
After that connect your device to iTunes newest version 11.2.2 and back up the data on the device.
Then locate the compatible iOS 8 beta in the Developer Center and download the software for your iPhone.
To restore the data, connect the Apple device to the computer. For Mac users, hold alt/option and for Windows hold shift and click restore. Then locate the .ispw file that was downloaded in the previous step. Open it to complete the process of installing iOS 8 on your iPhone models, iPads or iPods.
As for the regular users, they can download and install iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and more in the fall 2014 or autumn. iPhone 6 is expected to hit the markets at the same time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate