iOS 8: Tips and Tricks to Install and Download Latest iOS on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and More
By jaskiran kaur | June 6, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Apple officially announced its next generation operating system iOS 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The free software update is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display and iPad with retina display and iPod touch fifth generation and later models. Introducing the iOS 8, Apple promised some cool features like new and smarter keyboard, time-lapse capture video, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, HealthKit, New Siri and more.
However, the much anticipated iOS upgrade will not be made available until later this year. But for those who are eager, here are few tips and tricks to upgrade your iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, new generation iPad and more. Unfortunately, this guide caters to Apple developers, while regular users are recommended to wait for iOS 8 Beta download available on IMZDL page.
For Apple developers, here are some steps to follow in order to download and install iOS 8:
Checking the compatibility and ensuring that the device is registered to developer's account is the first and the foremost step in getting the free software update that is yet to launch. One can register as a developer by paying $99 per year.
After that connect your device to iTunes newest version 11.2.2 and back up the data on the device.
Then locate the compatible iOS 8 beta in the Developer Center and download the software for your iPhone.
To restore the data, connect the Apple device to the computer. For Mac users, hold alt/option and for Windows hold shift and click restore. Then locate the .ispw file that was downloaded in the previous step. Open it to complete the process of installing iOS 8 on your iPhone models, iPads or iPods.
As for the regular users, they can download and install iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and more in the fall 2014 or autumn. iPhone 6 is expected to hit the markets at the same time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions