iOS 8: Tips and Tricks to Install and Download Latest iOS on iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s and More
By jaskiran kaur | June 6, 2014 4:28 PM EST
Apple officially announced its next generation operating system iOS 8 at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). The free software update is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display and iPad with retina display and iPod touch fifth generation and later models. Introducing the iOS 8, Apple promised some cool features like new and smarter keyboard, time-lapse capture video, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Drive, HealthKit, New Siri and more.
However, the much anticipated iOS upgrade will not be made available until later this year. But for those who are eager, here are few tips and tricks to upgrade your iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, new generation iPad and more. Unfortunately, this guide caters to Apple developers, while regular users are recommended to wait for iOS 8 Beta download available on IMZDL page.
For Apple developers, here are some steps to follow in order to download and install iOS 8:
Checking the compatibility and ensuring that the device is registered to developer's account is the first and the foremost step in getting the free software update that is yet to launch. One can register as a developer by paying $99 per year.
After that connect your device to iTunes newest version 11.2.2 and back up the data on the device.
Then locate the compatible iOS 8 beta in the Developer Center and download the software for your iPhone.
To restore the data, connect the Apple device to the computer. For Mac users, hold alt/option and for Windows hold shift and click restore. Then locate the .ispw file that was downloaded in the previous step. Open it to complete the process of installing iOS 8 on your iPhone models, iPads or iPods.
As for the regular users, they can download and install iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s and more in the fall 2014 or autumn. iPhone 6 is expected to hit the markets at the same time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen