Rapper 50 Cent Defends Beyonce for MET Gala Event Behaviour Towards Jay Z, Calls Beyonce Protective
By nidhi tewari | June 6, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Beyonce was highly criticized recently when she did nothing to defend her husband Jay Z at the time her younger sister Solange attacked him after the MET Gala event. However, now rapper 50 Cent has come to the defence of Queen Bey saying she is in fact quite protective and fierce when it comes to Jay Z.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
During a recent interview with New York radio station Power 105.1, the "In Da Club" rapper said he got to see Beyonce's fierce temper in a Las Vegas club once when she thought he had not behaved respectfully towards her husband Jay Z. Beyonce was quite the opposite of what her fans had recently seen in the leaked hotel video. She confronted 50 Cent and stood by her man then.
"One time (Beyonce) jumped off of a ledge and came running over 'cause she thought me and Jay had issues (sic). And I'm like, 'What the f---? Did she really just jump and run up on me like that?," the rapper said during t he radio interviews, according to torontosun.com.
"We was (sic) at the Cosmopolitan. She jumped out and was like this (in his face like), 'What?! That Bonnie and Clyde for real! You try this or what, boy (sic)?! I'm here!' She bugged (flipped) out at me," the rapper recalled adding that Jay Z was quite impressed with Beyonce's impromptu act.
" I looked and Jay starts laughing. He's like, 'Yo, you know what it is.' I said, 'Oh s---! What the f--- y'all got going on, man?' Bey jumped down off of that joint like, 'What?! Wassup (sic)?!," the rapper added, according to the Web site.
This incident is just quite opposite of Beyonce's reaction that was captured in the lift video when Solange, Beyonce and Jay Z were leaving for the MET Gala after party. Solange was seen kicking Beyonce's husband Jay Z with fists and legs but Beyonce maintained a cool composure. She was even made the subject of various jokes and memes at that time, which can be checked here.
"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred," the family said in a statement after the controversial incident. "They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’