Rapper 50 Cent Defends Beyonce for MET Gala Event Behaviour Towards Jay Z, Calls Beyonce Protective
By nidhi tewari | June 6, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Beyonce was highly criticized recently when she did nothing to defend her husband Jay Z at the time her younger sister Solange attacked him after the MET Gala event. However, now rapper 50 Cent has come to the defence of Queen Bey saying she is in fact quite protective and fierce when it comes to Jay Z.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
During a recent interview with New York radio station Power 105.1, the "In Da Club" rapper said he got to see Beyonce's fierce temper in a Las Vegas club once when she thought he had not behaved respectfully towards her husband Jay Z. Beyonce was quite the opposite of what her fans had recently seen in the leaked hotel video. She confronted 50 Cent and stood by her man then.
"One time (Beyonce) jumped off of a ledge and came running over 'cause she thought me and Jay had issues (sic). And I'm like, 'What the f---? Did she really just jump and run up on me like that?," the rapper said during t he radio interviews, according to torontosun.com.
"We was (sic) at the Cosmopolitan. She jumped out and was like this (in his face like), 'What?! That Bonnie and Clyde for real! You try this or what, boy (sic)?! I'm here!' She bugged (flipped) out at me," the rapper recalled adding that Jay Z was quite impressed with Beyonce's impromptu act.
" I looked and Jay starts laughing. He's like, 'Yo, you know what it is.' I said, 'Oh s---! What the f--- y'all got going on, man?' Bey jumped down off of that joint like, 'What?! Wassup (sic)?!," the rapper added, according to the Web site.
This incident is just quite opposite of Beyonce's reaction that was captured in the lift video when Solange, Beyonce and Jay Z were leaving for the MET Gala after party. Solange was seen kicking Beyonce's husband Jay Z with fists and legs but Beyonce maintained a cool composure. She was even made the subject of various jokes and memes at that time, which can be checked here.
"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred," the family said in a statement after the controversial incident. "They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date