Rapper 50 Cent Defends Beyonce for MET Gala Event Behaviour Towards Jay Z, Calls Beyonce Protective
By nidhi tewari | June 6, 2014 3:55 PM EST
Beyonce was highly criticized recently when she did nothing to defend her husband Jay Z at the time her younger sister Solange attacked him after the MET Gala event. However, now rapper 50 Cent has come to the defence of Queen Bey saying she is in fact quite protective and fierce when it comes to Jay Z.
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
During a recent interview with New York radio station Power 105.1, the "In Da Club" rapper said he got to see Beyonce's fierce temper in a Las Vegas club once when she thought he had not behaved respectfully towards her husband Jay Z. Beyonce was quite the opposite of what her fans had recently seen in the leaked hotel video. She confronted 50 Cent and stood by her man then.
"One time (Beyonce) jumped off of a ledge and came running over 'cause she thought me and Jay had issues (sic). And I'm like, 'What the f---? Did she really just jump and run up on me like that?," the rapper said during t he radio interviews, according to torontosun.com.
"We was (sic) at the Cosmopolitan. She jumped out and was like this (in his face like), 'What?! That Bonnie and Clyde for real! You try this or what, boy (sic)?! I'm here!' She bugged (flipped) out at me," the rapper recalled adding that Jay Z was quite impressed with Beyonce's impromptu act.
" I looked and Jay starts laughing. He's like, 'Yo, you know what it is.' I said, 'Oh s---! What the f--- y'all got going on, man?' Bey jumped down off of that joint like, 'What?! Wassup (sic)?!," the rapper added, according to the Web site.
This incident is just quite opposite of Beyonce's reaction that was captured in the lift video when Solange, Beyonce and Jay Z were leaving for the MET Gala after party. Solange was seen kicking Beyonce's husband Jay Z with fists and legs but Beyonce maintained a cool composure. She was even made the subject of various jokes and memes at that time, which can be checked here.
"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred," the family said in a statement after the controversial incident. "They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage