Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast,' Age Could be Hinderance
June 6, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but Her Age Could Be Hinderance
After the mega box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is ready to splurge its money on turning yet another fairytale story of "Beauty and the Beast" into a movie, it has been revealed. There is strong speculation in the media that Kristen Stewart is expected to take up the role of Belle in the new Disney movie which will be directed by "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" director Bill Condon.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Kristen Stewart is the top choice to play the lead role in the movie as director Bill Condon is quite impressed with her work in another Disney inspired movie "Snow White and the Huntsman."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source close to the actors revealed to the Web site.
However the 24-year-old actress' age can pose a hindrance for her to play the lead role as Disney is expected to start the filming process not before the end of next year and the Web site reveals that the filmmakers might want to look for someone "younger."
"By the time they make the film, it might be 2015 or 2016 and they think she'll be busy and they might go after somebody younger. Disney's thoughts are, the big name for the film should be devoted to the Beast so Kristen has a 50/50 chance to be Belle," the Web site revealed citing a role.
There has been no official confirmation from either Disney or Kristen Stewart's representatives on her playing the lead role in the movie. Only time can tell Stewart will take up the role of Belle or not.
Meanwhile "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only classic tale that will be turned by Disney into a movie. According to guardianlv.com, Disney is also considering a remake of "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book" in future.
Director John Favreau is expected to direct "The Jungle Book" in 2015 while "Cinderella" will be directed by Kenneth Branagh and its casting includes Helena Boham Carter and Cate Blanchett. Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of Kristen Stewart in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate