Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast,' Age Could be Hinderance
June 6, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but Her Age Could Be Hinderance
After the mega box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is ready to splurge its money on turning yet another fairytale story of "Beauty and the Beast" into a movie, it has been revealed. There is strong speculation in the media that Kristen Stewart is expected to take up the role of Belle in the new Disney movie which will be directed by "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" director Bill Condon.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Kristen Stewart is the top choice to play the lead role in the movie as director Bill Condon is quite impressed with her work in another Disney inspired movie "Snow White and the Huntsman."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source close to the actors revealed to the Web site.
However the 24-year-old actress' age can pose a hindrance for her to play the lead role as Disney is expected to start the filming process not before the end of next year and the Web site reveals that the filmmakers might want to look for someone "younger."
"By the time they make the film, it might be 2015 or 2016 and they think she'll be busy and they might go after somebody younger. Disney's thoughts are, the big name for the film should be devoted to the Beast so Kristen has a 50/50 chance to be Belle," the Web site revealed citing a role.
There has been no official confirmation from either Disney or Kristen Stewart's representatives on her playing the lead role in the movie. Only time can tell Stewart will take up the role of Belle or not.
Meanwhile "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only classic tale that will be turned by Disney into a movie. According to guardianlv.com, Disney is also considering a remake of "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book" in future.
Director John Favreau is expected to direct "The Jungle Book" in 2015 while "Cinderella" will be directed by Kenneth Branagh and its casting includes Helena Boham Carter and Cate Blanchett. Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of Kristen Stewart in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Joan Rivers Health Update: Comedienne On Life Support, Daughter Melissa Rivers 'In Denial', Outpouring Of Get-Well Wishes -- Reports
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen