Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast,' Age Could be Hinderance
June 6, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but Her Age Could Be Hinderance
After the mega box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is ready to splurge its money on turning yet another fairytale story of "Beauty and the Beast" into a movie, it has been revealed. There is strong speculation in the media that Kristen Stewart is expected to take up the role of Belle in the new Disney movie which will be directed by "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" director Bill Condon.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Kristen Stewart is the top choice to play the lead role in the movie as director Bill Condon is quite impressed with her work in another Disney inspired movie "Snow White and the Huntsman."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source close to the actors revealed to the Web site.
However the 24-year-old actress' age can pose a hindrance for her to play the lead role as Disney is expected to start the filming process not before the end of next year and the Web site reveals that the filmmakers might want to look for someone "younger."
"By the time they make the film, it might be 2015 or 2016 and they think she'll be busy and they might go after somebody younger. Disney's thoughts are, the big name for the film should be devoted to the Beast so Kristen has a 50/50 chance to be Belle," the Web site revealed citing a role.
There has been no official confirmation from either Disney or Kristen Stewart's representatives on her playing the lead role in the movie. Only time can tell Stewart will take up the role of Belle or not.
Meanwhile "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only classic tale that will be turned by Disney into a movie. According to guardianlv.com, Disney is also considering a remake of "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book" in future.
Director John Favreau is expected to direct "The Jungle Book" in 2015 while "Cinderella" will be directed by Kenneth Branagh and its casting includes Helena Boham Carter and Cate Blanchett. Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of Kristen Stewart in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'