Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast,' Age Could be Hinderance
June 6, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but Her Age Could Be Hinderance
After the mega box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is ready to splurge its money on turning yet another fairytale story of "Beauty and the Beast" into a movie, it has been revealed. There is strong speculation in the media that Kristen Stewart is expected to take up the role of Belle in the new Disney movie which will be directed by "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" director Bill Condon.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Kristen Stewart is the top choice to play the lead role in the movie as director Bill Condon is quite impressed with her work in another Disney inspired movie "Snow White and the Huntsman."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source close to the actors revealed to the Web site.
However the 24-year-old actress' age can pose a hindrance for her to play the lead role as Disney is expected to start the filming process not before the end of next year and the Web site reveals that the filmmakers might want to look for someone "younger."
"By the time they make the film, it might be 2015 or 2016 and they think she'll be busy and they might go after somebody younger. Disney's thoughts are, the big name for the film should be devoted to the Beast so Kristen has a 50/50 chance to be Belle," the Web site revealed citing a role.
There has been no official confirmation from either Disney or Kristen Stewart's representatives on her playing the lead role in the movie. Only time can tell Stewart will take up the role of Belle or not.
Meanwhile "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only classic tale that will be turned by Disney into a movie. According to guardianlv.com, Disney is also considering a remake of "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book" in future.
Director John Favreau is expected to direct "The Jungle Book" in 2015 while "Cinderella" will be directed by Kenneth Branagh and its casting includes Helena Boham Carter and Cate Blanchett. Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of Kristen Stewart in the slideshow above.
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown