Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast,' Age Could be Hinderance
June 6, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Kristen Stewart Expected to Play Belle in New Disney Movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but Her Age Could Be Hinderance
After the mega box office success of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent," Disney is ready to splurge its money on turning yet another fairytale story of "Beauty and the Beast" into a movie, it has been revealed. There is strong speculation in the media that Kristen Stewart is expected to take up the role of Belle in the new Disney movie which will be directed by "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" director Bill Condon.
According to Hollywoodlife.com, Kristen Stewart is the top choice to play the lead role in the movie as director Bill Condon is quite impressed with her work in another Disney inspired movie "Snow White and the Huntsman."
"The process and the script for the movie are still in the beginning stages but as it fleshes out, Bill Condon has definitely thought of Kristen Stewart as a possible Belle," a source close to the actors revealed to the Web site.
However the 24-year-old actress' age can pose a hindrance for her to play the lead role as Disney is expected to start the filming process not before the end of next year and the Web site reveals that the filmmakers might want to look for someone "younger."
"By the time they make the film, it might be 2015 or 2016 and they think she'll be busy and they might go after somebody younger. Disney's thoughts are, the big name for the film should be devoted to the Beast so Kristen has a 50/50 chance to be Belle," the Web site revealed citing a role.
There has been no official confirmation from either Disney or Kristen Stewart's representatives on her playing the lead role in the movie. Only time can tell Stewart will take up the role of Belle or not.
Meanwhile "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only classic tale that will be turned by Disney into a movie. According to guardianlv.com, Disney is also considering a remake of "Cinderella" and "The Jungle Book" in future.
Director John Favreau is expected to direct "The Jungle Book" in 2015 while "Cinderella" will be directed by Kenneth Branagh and its casting includes Helena Boham Carter and Cate Blanchett. Meanwhile check out some of the latest pictures of Kristen Stewart in the slideshow above.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar