Giuliana & Bill Rancic's Surrogate Suffers a Miscarriage for Baby no. 2
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 6, 2014 3:44 PM EST
E! News and reality TV Stars Giuliana Rancic and husband Bill have suffered yet another setback in their attempt to build a bigger family. The couple have been trying to have baby no. 2 through surrogacy and it's been reported that the surrogate mother has suffered a miscarriage. She was nine weeks pregnant at the time.
As Giuliana and Bill Rancic's struggle with fertility has been well publicized, they announced on April 23 that they're expecting a baby via gestational surrogate.
The couple already have a 2 year old son, Duke who was carried by the same surrogate. Giuliana and Bill opted to go the surrogate route after repeated attempts at a natural conception and IVF procedures resulted in nothing.
Before the birth of their son, Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer which was pinpointed by her doctor as one reason why her body was rejecting the embryo as it was battling against the disease. She has since been treated for the cancer. After she has sufficiently recovered the couple decided to try to have a baby through surrogacy.
The entire process from their struggles to conceive along with her cancer scare and finally the birth of baby Duke was documented in their reality show "Giuliana & Bill." This latest setback was featured on the final episode of the latest season of their show as well which aired on June 3 in E!.
The couple, despite being devastated by the news themselves, showed concern about the surrogate mother's health and made it clear that they did not blame her for what happened.
"This is something that is so common ... it happened to me. We wanted her to feel okay with it. She's good with it, she's also processed it [and] we're all moving forward," said Giuliana in an interview with Mario Lopez for Extra!
The couple have been married since 2007 and are keen on expanding their family but are not rushing the process. They have only one embryo left from the ones they had frozen before Giuliana underwent cancer treatment. She is continuing treatment and is therefore not able to carry a child herself.
"We had to take a break, it's just a lot to digest and we're just trying to figure it out now that a little time has passed. We're trying to figure out when is a good time to start again ... We're not gonna pressure [our surrogate] in any way, but she says she's on board," Giuliana concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers