Giuliana & Bill Rancic's Surrogate Suffers a Miscarriage for Baby no. 2
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 6, 2014 3:44 PM EST
E! News and reality TV Stars Giuliana Rancic and husband Bill have suffered yet another setback in their attempt to build a bigger family. The couple have been trying to have baby no. 2 through surrogacy and it's been reported that the surrogate mother has suffered a miscarriage. She was nine weeks pregnant at the time.
As Giuliana and Bill Rancic's struggle with fertility has been well publicized, they announced on April 23 that they're expecting a baby via gestational surrogate.
The couple already have a 2 year old son, Duke who was carried by the same surrogate. Giuliana and Bill opted to go the surrogate route after repeated attempts at a natural conception and IVF procedures resulted in nothing.
Before the birth of their son, Giuliana was diagnosed with breast cancer which was pinpointed by her doctor as one reason why her body was rejecting the embryo as it was battling against the disease. She has since been treated for the cancer. After she has sufficiently recovered the couple decided to try to have a baby through surrogacy.
The entire process from their struggles to conceive along with her cancer scare and finally the birth of baby Duke was documented in their reality show "Giuliana & Bill." This latest setback was featured on the final episode of the latest season of their show as well which aired on June 3 in E!.
The couple, despite being devastated by the news themselves, showed concern about the surrogate mother's health and made it clear that they did not blame her for what happened.
"This is something that is so common ... it happened to me. We wanted her to feel okay with it. She's good with it, she's also processed it [and] we're all moving forward," said Giuliana in an interview with Mario Lopez for Extra!
The couple have been married since 2007 and are keen on expanding their family but are not rushing the process. They have only one embryo left from the ones they had frozen before Giuliana underwent cancer treatment. She is continuing treatment and is therefore not able to carry a child herself.
"We had to take a break, it's just a lot to digest and we're just trying to figure it out now that a little time has passed. We're trying to figure out when is a good time to start again ... We're not gonna pressure [our surrogate] in any way, but she says she's on board," Giuliana concluded.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate