‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Review: ‘It’s ‘Twilight’ on Chemo,’ Five Reasons Why Its a Certified Summer Hit [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 6, 2014 3:37 PM EST
Playing head to head with Tom Cruise's movie "Edge of Tomorrow," "The Fault In Our Stars" opened on Wednesday, June 4, and the highly-anticipated movie has officially reached phenomenon status. Written by the highly-acclaimed author John Green, the book-turned-movie has millions of followers and its trailer alone has 20 million views with 1.5 million people talking about it.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"It's not the most viewed trailer of the year, but it's extremely impressive up against these," said RelishMIX CEO Marc Karzen in an interview posted on Deadline. "The Fault with Our Stars is a teen-powered social supernova."
Now that is already out there, TFIOS captured many hearts of its fans and reviewers are very much impressed and see what the hype of the movie is all about. "In a world that's just wall-to-wall action spectacle, people are ready for a film that's a love story that's just about characters," said Wyck Godfrey, the film's producer.
"It elevates cancer sufferers to the same exalted state of higher being to which tuberculosis sufferers were once hoisted by Keats and Byron, or vampires by Kristen Stewart fans," a review written by Tom Shone posted on The Guardian. "It's Twilight on chemo. It's a few inches shy of launching a fully-fledged romantic death cult. It's the swoony, drop-dead hit of the summer. You'll love it."
Here are the five reasons why "The Fault In Our Stars" is a certified summer hit.
1. Dubbed as "summer's must-see romance," "The Fault" stars two of the most talented actors of their generation, "Divergent" stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort, and the two actors play the book's heroin Hazel Grace Lancaster and the dreamy Augustus "Gus" Waters respectively.
2. A certified tear-jerker, the movie had a modest budget of $12 million compare to other summer movies with CGI effects and big budgets, like Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent."
3. 'You can't pass on this. You have to do this. Because. It makes you remember when you were a teenager and you were in love for the first time and you didn't want to hang up the phone," Godfrey explained in an interview posted on Entertainment Weekly.
5. Its a story about two cancer stricken teenagers who met and fell in love despite their life-threatening disease.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Theo James and Shailene Woodley's Love Story Evolves in 'Insurgent"
- ‘Game of Thrones’ ‘A Song of Ice And Fire’ Ending Guessed By Fans, Jon Snow The Final Hero
- 'Insurgent' Movie Plot Details: Ansel Elgort to Darker Role, Relationship With Beatrice to Change
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers, Based From Books: Jon Snow In Grave Danger, Cersei Demands for Trial By Combat
- ‘Game of Thrones’ The Mountain Hailed As Europe’s Strongest Man, Gregor Clegane’s Fate In Season 5 [VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists