‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Review: ‘It’s ‘Twilight’ on Chemo,’ Five Reasons Why Its a Certified Summer Hit [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 6, 2014 3:37 PM EST
Playing head to head with Tom Cruise's movie "Edge of Tomorrow," "The Fault In Our Stars" opened on Wednesday, June 4, and the highly-anticipated movie has officially reached phenomenon status. Written by the highly-acclaimed author John Green, the book-turned-movie has millions of followers and its trailer alone has 20 million views with 1.5 million people talking about it.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"It's not the most viewed trailer of the year, but it's extremely impressive up against these," said RelishMIX CEO Marc Karzen in an interview posted on Deadline. "The Fault with Our Stars is a teen-powered social supernova."
Now that is already out there, TFIOS captured many hearts of its fans and reviewers are very much impressed and see what the hype of the movie is all about. "In a world that's just wall-to-wall action spectacle, people are ready for a film that's a love story that's just about characters," said Wyck Godfrey, the film's producer.
"It elevates cancer sufferers to the same exalted state of higher being to which tuberculosis sufferers were once hoisted by Keats and Byron, or vampires by Kristen Stewart fans," a review written by Tom Shone posted on The Guardian. "It's Twilight on chemo. It's a few inches shy of launching a fully-fledged romantic death cult. It's the swoony, drop-dead hit of the summer. You'll love it."
Here are the five reasons why "The Fault In Our Stars" is a certified summer hit.
1. Dubbed as "summer's must-see romance," "The Fault" stars two of the most talented actors of their generation, "Divergent" stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort, and the two actors play the book's heroin Hazel Grace Lancaster and the dreamy Augustus "Gus" Waters respectively.
2. A certified tear-jerker, the movie had a modest budget of $12 million compare to other summer movies with CGI effects and big budgets, like Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent."
3. 'You can't pass on this. You have to do this. Because. It makes you remember when you were a teenager and you were in love for the first time and you didn't want to hang up the phone," Godfrey explained in an interview posted on Entertainment Weekly.
5. Its a story about two cancer stricken teenagers who met and fell in love despite their life-threatening disease.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around