‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin Offering Fans Chance to Meet Their ‘Grisly Death’ in “A Song of Fire and Ice’
By Anne Lu | June 6, 2014 3:19 PM EST
Game of Thrones” fans now have a chance to meet a “grisly death” in the novel of which the show is based. “A Song of Fire and Ice” author George R.R. Martin is offering fans various prizes, including their death written in the book and a chance to have breakfast with the novelist himself, in exchange of donation to his favourite charities.
The 65-year-old author has launched a fundraising campaign to help the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and The Food Depot, both operating in Martin’s hometown of New Mexico, and he needs the readers of his books and viewers of the HBO epic fantasy series to shell out some cash.
Donation amounts vary from as low as U$10, but for a “Martyr” donation of U$20,000, donors will have a chance to have a character named after them in an upcoming “A Song of Ice and Fire” novel.
There will be two characters available, one male and one female. The lucky winners may choose their character’s station in the novel (lordling, knight, peasant, whore, master, septon, etc), but regardless of what they choose, they will “certainly meet a grisly death!” which is fitting to Martin’s fictitious world.
A “Hand at the Table” donation of U$15,000 will give contributors chance to have breakfast with Martin at the San Diego Comicon or during his visit to New York City in October. The prize includes airfare and a two-night hotel accommodation.
For a donation of U$7,500, donors will get a chance to either own Martin’s signature “well worn” hat or get a pair of tickets to the exclusive season five premiere of the show.
A script of the first ever episode of the HBO series will be given to one donor who will shell out U$4,500.
There are other prizes that are also available for fans who will donate lesser amount, including a handwritten thank-you note from Martin, signed and dedicated “Game of Thrones” cookbook, a signed map of Westeros, and a campaign t-shirt and a thank-you video.
The Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary is a non-profit organisation that houses over 60 wolves and wolf-dogs, while The Food Depot is a local charity helping tens of thousands of people in the state.
Those who are interested to enter Martin’s contest can visit the Prizeo Web site for more details.
‘Game of Thrones’ Alternate Ending: Denial Version Sees Happy Ending From Oberyn and The Mountain Fight [VIDEO] – READ
‘Game of Thrones’ Star Alfie Allen Says Sister Lily Allen Wasn’t Offered Role of Asha Greyjoy [VIDEOS] - READ
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation