Austin Mahone Disses Justin Bieber Saying Comparisons to Him Are 'Obnoxious': 'You Don't Know My Music. You're Just Making Assumptions'
By nidhi tewari | June 6, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Teenage singer Austin Mahone might be a friend of Justin Bieber but he has made it clear that he does not like any comparisons to the "Baby" singer. The 18-year-old revealed in a recent interview that he finds his comparisons to Bieber "obnoxious." Just like Justin Bieber, Austin Mahone too got popular after he released his music video on You Tube hence making the comparisons to Bieber obvious.
Actor Austin Mahone arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
However, the "Banga Banga" singer reveals that he has had enough and does not want to be compared to troubled star Justin Bieber in any way. "I can kind of see where they're coming from, but at the same time, it's kind of obnoxious," Mahone revealed to abcnews.go.com
"They see a young kid who sings and dances and.. they're like, 'Oh another Justin Bieber.' Like, you don't even know. You don't know me. You don't know my music. You're just making assumptions," Mahone revealed to the Web site.
Just like Bieber, Mahone too loves to take his shirt off and get pictured topless and even writes/sings about the same kind of teenage love romance, hence the comparisons are inevitable. But Justin Bieber has often found himself in trouble with law and has been involved in lot of controversial incidents. More recently a video of Justin Bieber surfaced where he was using the N- word and hence he was accused of racism. Bieber later had to apologize to his fans for his behaviour.
Austin Mahone is still far away from controversy and is only focusing on his music career. The teenager is working with some of the biggest names in the music industry including Lil Wayne, is preparing for a tour in July and also working on a full-fledged music album to be released by November this year.
"I may not be the best dancer or the best performer right now, but I'm always getting better. Next year I'll be even better than I am now. And the year after that, I'll just keep getting better," Mahone said in the interview with ABC news.
The teenager maybe hugely popular with girls but is still single. When the Web site asked Mahone about falling in love, his answer was quite interesting.
"I'm sure when it hits me, it'll hit me," the sexy single guy revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date