Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman Divorce Reports Not True; Musician Speaks of His Love for Wife and Her Influence on His Artistry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 6, 2014 3:03 PM EST
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's divorce issues loom on the Internet with gossip Web sites reporting that the couple is undergoing serious marital issues. However, in a new interview with music magazine Rolling Stone, Keith shares his thoughts about Nicole Kidman -- how she inspires his craft as a musician. Urban also confesses his love for the "Grace of Monaco" star.
Australian actress Nicole Kidman poses on the red carpet at the Huading Awards ceremony in Macau October 7, 2013. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
The interview was Keith's first with Rolling Stone. As the country singer talked about his musical evolution and career, he also revealed that when not judging on the reality-based singing show "American Idol" based in Los Angeles, he stayed in Nashville with wife Nicole Kidman. He lovingly calls his wife "Nic." They have two daughters, Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret.
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban got married in 2006 after they met in an event in Los Angeles. In the interview, Keith was asked how Nicole inspired his fifth album "Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing" since they were already a couple back then. He admitted that he was in trouble of finishing the record during the time, but his relationship with Nicole compelled him to finish his track.
"Meeting Nic and falling in love with Nic and starting a relationship with Nic became - I realize now in hindsight - my sobriety. That was how I was able to keep it together," he notes.
Keith Urban is pretty aware of tabloid reports saying his relationship with Nic is in a huge "marital turmoil." But the singer is confident that he and Nicole are doing okay. He shares that people who truly knows them are "aghast" with the unfounded speculations, but he says that it's pointless defending it.
Moreover, the American Idol judge has nothing bad to tell about his wife. He confessed that they are happy being together as he describes how he feels toward Nicole. "I have a wife who is just from another planet. She is so celestial. I say that I was born into her. That is the best way I can describe how I feel about her and us."
While Celebrity Dirty Laundry claims that the couple spending too much time apart contributed to the downfall of their marriage, Keith tells the Rolling Stone that the longest time they spend apart is five days. Despite busy schedules, they communicate through Skype and talking over the phone many times a day. He says that before the interview, he just got home and prepared breakfast for the kids.
When asked about how his wife influences him as an artist, Keith Urban answers:
"There's a fearlessness about Nic...She doesn't have that sense of having to please people as much as just be a true artist. I love that about her. She doesn't mind failing at stuff to get to the place where it works...So I think she's helped me shed some of my limitations. That's very liberating creatively."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter