Rare Earths Miner Lynas Replaces CEO Eric Noyrez With Amanda Lacaze; Miner Expects to Reach 11,000 Tonnes Target by End of June
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 6, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Eric Noyrez, CEO of rare earths producer Lynas Corporation (ASX: LYC) resigned from his post and will be replaced by Amanda Lacaze, Reuters reports.
Australian rare earths miner Lynas Corporation Limited (ASX:LYC) has announced it is ready to come up with its first product samples by next month, even as it has yet to win over one more pending legal battle concerning its Malaysian plant facility.
Noyrez led Lynas since April 2013 as he ramped up production of rare earths at the company's Malaysia facility, but the company's weak funding position caused a 70 per cent drop in Lynas's shareprices in the past year. It was last traded at $0.165 before Noyrez quit.
Lacaze is a non-executive director of Lynas's board since January 2014. Prior to this, she held executive positions at Telstra, Orion Telecommunications, ING Bank Australia, AOL and Telecom New Zealand.
Her experience as CEO and senior manager of private and public companies spanned more than 25 years, said Lynas Chairman Nicholas Curtis.
Lynas, which said that overcoming numerous challenges and achieving consistent production is a significant transformational milestone that enables the company to place greater emphasis on commercial success, expects to reach by the end of June its targeted rate of 11,000 tonnes of rare earth a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October