Rare Earths Miner Lynas Replaces CEO Eric Noyrez With Amanda Lacaze; Miner Expects to Reach 11,000 Tonnes Target by End of June
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 6, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Eric Noyrez, CEO of rare earths producer Lynas Corporation (ASX: LYC) resigned from his post and will be replaced by Amanda Lacaze, Reuters reports.
Australian rare earths miner Lynas Corporation Limited (ASX:LYC) has announced it is ready to come up with its first product samples by next month, even as it has yet to win over one more pending legal battle concerning its Malaysian plant facility.
Noyrez led Lynas since April 2013 as he ramped up production of rare earths at the company's Malaysia facility, but the company's weak funding position caused a 70 per cent drop in Lynas's shareprices in the past year. It was last traded at $0.165 before Noyrez quit.
Lacaze is a non-executive director of Lynas's board since January 2014. Prior to this, she held executive positions at Telstra, Orion Telecommunications, ING Bank Australia, AOL and Telecom New Zealand.
Her experience as CEO and senior manager of private and public companies spanned more than 25 years, said Lynas Chairman Nicholas Curtis.
Lynas, which said that overcoming numerous challenges and achieving consistent production is a significant transformational milestone that enables the company to place greater emphasis on commercial success, expects to reach by the end of June its targeted rate of 11,000 tonnes of rare earth a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop