Rare Earths Miner Lynas Replaces CEO Eric Noyrez With Amanda Lacaze; Miner Expects to Reach 11,000 Tonnes Target by End of June
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 6, 2014 9:02 AM EST
Eric Noyrez, CEO of rare earths producer Lynas Corporation (ASX: LYC) resigned from his post and will be replaced by Amanda Lacaze, Reuters reports.
Australian rare earths miner Lynas Corporation Limited (ASX:LYC) has announced it is ready to come up with its first product samples by next month, even as it has yet to win over one more pending legal battle concerning its Malaysian plant facility.
Noyrez led Lynas since April 2013 as he ramped up production of rare earths at the company's Malaysia facility, but the company's weak funding position caused a 70 per cent drop in Lynas's shareprices in the past year. It was last traded at $0.165 before Noyrez quit.
Lacaze is a non-executive director of Lynas's board since January 2014. Prior to this, she held executive positions at Telstra, Orion Telecommunications, ING Bank Australia, AOL and Telecom New Zealand.
Her experience as CEO and senior manager of private and public companies spanned more than 25 years, said Lynas Chairman Nicholas Curtis.
Lynas, which said that overcoming numerous challenges and achieving consistent production is a significant transformational milestone that enables the company to place greater emphasis on commercial success, expects to reach by the end of June its targeted rate of 11,000 tonnes of rare earth a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best