Thai Army Uses Pretty Military Babes in Skimpy Attire to Win Hearts of Countrymen After Coup
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 6, 2014 8:55 AM EST
What is it about military dictatorships that they use pretty and sexy women to help keep their leaders in power?
Former Libyan strongman Moammar Gaddaffi was often surrounded by pretty female bodyguards and North Korean leader Kim Jong un was recently seen in the company of beautiful female soldiers fawning on him.
The same strategy of using pretty female soldiers to soften the impact of staging a military coup is being used by the Thai military. Time reports that military unleashed a corps of junta babes dressed in skimpy military fatigues to unleash music and political propaganda.
The women performed at Bangkok's Victory Monument on Wednesday before crowds of thousands. Some of the audience took photos with the babes, including selfies, and listened to shrill songs and army recruitment videos played endlessly on two giant screens. Free food and drinks were flowing to ensure the crowds are fed and happy.
It was the 12th military coup of Thailand, the latest courtesy of Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha who said he took over the country to restore order after suffering six months of street protests over the rule of deposed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
The pretty women are part of the general's Return Happiness to the Public events, besides community trust-building exercises and regular media encounters to maintain a quiet political scene before the next elections are held after 15 months.
Sexy female soldiers apparently are no longer the sole domain of the Israeli army.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Canada’s Anti-Prostitution Law Soon: Critics Call it Draconian
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet