Thai Army Uses Pretty Military Babes in Skimpy Attire to Win Hearts of Countrymen After Coup
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 6, 2014 8:55 AM EST
What is it about military dictatorships that they use pretty and sexy women to help keep their leaders in power?
Former Libyan strongman Moammar Gaddaffi was often surrounded by pretty female bodyguards and North Korean leader Kim Jong un was recently seen in the company of beautiful female soldiers fawning on him.
The same strategy of using pretty female soldiers to soften the impact of staging a military coup is being used by the Thai military. Time reports that military unleashed a corps of junta babes dressed in skimpy military fatigues to unleash music and political propaganda.
The women performed at Bangkok's Victory Monument on Wednesday before crowds of thousands. Some of the audience took photos with the babes, including selfies, and listened to shrill songs and army recruitment videos played endlessly on two giant screens. Free food and drinks were flowing to ensure the crowds are fed and happy.
It was the 12th military coup of Thailand, the latest courtesy of Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha who said he took over the country to restore order after suffering six months of street protests over the rule of deposed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
The pretty women are part of the general's Return Happiness to the Public events, besides community trust-building exercises and regular media encounters to maintain a quiet political scene before the next elections are held after 15 months.
Sexy female soldiers apparently are no longer the sole domain of the Israeli army.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- US-led Coalition Has Launched First Airstrike vs. ISIS in Syria – Pentagon
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia
- ISIS Used 'GTA 5' in Teen Recruitment Video, Violent Games Help Gain More Followers
- Chilling: Group Deadlier Than ISIS Had Risen
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4