LG G3 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Specifications, Killer Features, Release Date, and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 6, 2014 8:43 AM EST
One of the most awaited phones, the LG G3 was released on May 27, 2014. This phone comes bundled with terrific features, superior performances and a stunning camera unit. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phablet, on the other hand, is expected to be launched in September, 2014.
Readers who are interested in purchasing the LG G3 or waiting for the release of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, here is a specification and price comparison.
The LG G3 has a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display, with a superior resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels. Whereas the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to come with a relatively bigger 5.7 inches display, with the same resolution as the LG G3. It is worth noting that, the predecessor Galaxy Note 3 featured only a 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution, and hence it is a huge bump up.
Hardware, Software and Internal Storage
The LG G3 is powered by a quad-core Krait 400 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz and it comes with a 2 GB of RAM (if opted for 16 GB of storage) and a 3 GB of RAM (If opted for 32 GB of storage). Also, the LG G3 comes with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage with microSD card slot for expansion up to 128 GB.
The Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, will reportedly be powered by either an octa-core processor on Exynos 64-bit chipset or a big.LITTLE 16-core processor on Exynos 64-bit chipset. The Note 4 will house a whopping 4 GB of RAM and up to 128 GB of internal storage.
Camera and Battery
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP rear-facing camera with dual-LED (dual tone) flash and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera. The Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, is expected to house a whopping 20.7 MP rear-facing camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera.
In addition, the LG G3 can shoot 4K (3,840 x 2,160) videos. The killer camera features of LG G3 include 'Laser Autofocus Sensor' and 'Selfie' Mode. LG claims that the laser autofocus sensor functionality is very quick as it takes only 0.276 seconds to focus. Additionally, the camera also features simultaneous video and image recording and voice activation. Interested users can check out the comprehensive review on the new LG G3's camera unit from IBTimes.
The LG G3 houses a solid user-replaceable 3000 mAh battery, whereas the Galaxy Note 4 is expected to house a relatively better 3600 mAh battery unit.
1. The LG G3 comes in five shades gold, white, black, blue, and red. The blue and red shades are not widely available. The Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, is expected to come in black, white, green and red shades, says Note4Galaxy.
3. The Note 4 will reportedly feature 'Aqua Capture' capability. This feature can be used to capture photos under water.
4. The other feature includes 'Multi Network for Booster.' This feature utilizes both the LTE and Wi-Fi to give a speed boost.
5. Similar to Galaxy S5, the Note 4 will also feature a form of fingerprint scanner technology. But the underlying details are unknown, at this point in time.
The LG G3 is priced at AU$799.95 in Australia. It is worth noting that, interested buyers can pre-order LG G3 from Mobicity in Australia. The Australian version of LG G3 is LG-D855 model that comes with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. Hence the 3 GB variant of LG G3 is not available in Australia, at this point in time.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4, on the other hand, is expected to be priced under US$800, which roughly translates to AU$860 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments