'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | June 6, 2014 5:13 AM EST
"Revenge" Season 4 airs on ABC this fall. Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) is not likely to move on after a loved one's death. Meanwhile, a new major character is expected to change the revengenda of the series in many ways. Revenge show boss Sunil Nayar drops some hints.
Actress Emily VanCamp, who plays Emily Thorne on ABC's "Revenge," arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on Revenge Season 3. Read at your own risk.
Emily Thorne loses Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane). Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) deduces Emily is the real Amanda Clarke. David Clarke (James Tupper) kills Conrad Grayson (Henry Czerny). These are some of the shockers in the Revenge Season 3 finale.
A Wetpaint report mentions Sunil Nayar has big plans for Tupper's David Clarke in Revenge Season 4. It seems David will be painting The Hamptons in blood because, Nayar says, "revenge has become a part of his makeup."
Shippers of Emily and Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) are wondering if the Revenge writers are finally giving the two a real chance. Nick told Zap2It it is possible.
"[Emily and Jack are] probably not available because of their heartbreak but they're going through the same thing at the same time and there's a window now," Nick said. The actor also spoke about the death of Conrad Grayson.
"[P]resumably he's actually gone. At some point we have to stop using the old soap trick of 'Just kidding, I'm not dead!'"
Revenge Season 4 will show a different, more mature Emily Thorne, Sunil Nayar told E! Online. The Emily Thorne who launched a personal vendetta against the Graysons was a child, but the Emily who lost the man she loved is a woman scorned, Nayar hinted. This resets the revengenda as far as Ms Thorne is concerned.
Speaking about another Revenge Season 4 character, Nayar also told E! Online Josh Bowman is not leaving the ABC drama. After all, Daniel Grayson is at a very interesting point in his life, story-wise. Nayar acknowledged Bowman had previously hinted he was considering leaving the series.
"I think when Josh was saying those things, it was in the middle of those episodes where he shot Emily," Nayar said, adding that the story has developed in many ways now. Conrad's death is "going to hit him in ways that will be surprising and unexpected," Nayar said.
Revenge Season 4 is expected to offer more twists. For instance, Charlotte Clarke/Grayson (Christa B. Allen) is also growing in ways that could take her down darker roads. Nolan Ross (Gabriel Mann), meanwhile, has to deal with another villain.
More TV Guide and Spoilers
'Revenge' Season 3 Finale Recap, Review: Showrunner Sunil Nayar Explains Twists and Season 4 Clarke Changes [SPOILERS]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen Updates [GOT 4x9 Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up