'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | June 6, 2014 5:13 AM EST
"Revenge" Season 4 airs on ABC this fall. Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) is not likely to move on after a loved one's death. Meanwhile, a new major character is expected to change the revengenda of the series in many ways. Revenge show boss Sunil Nayar drops some hints.
Actress Emily VanCamp, who plays Emily Thorne on ABC's "Revenge," arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles September 23, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on Revenge Season 3. Read at your own risk.
Emily Thorne loses Aiden Mathis (Barry Sloane). Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) deduces Emily is the real Amanda Clarke. David Clarke (James Tupper) kills Conrad Grayson (Henry Czerny). These are some of the shockers in the Revenge Season 3 finale.
A Wetpaint report mentions Sunil Nayar has big plans for Tupper's David Clarke in Revenge Season 4. It seems David will be painting The Hamptons in blood because, Nayar says, "revenge has become a part of his makeup."
Shippers of Emily and Jack Porter (Nick Wechsler) are wondering if the Revenge writers are finally giving the two a real chance. Nick told Zap2It it is possible.
"[Emily and Jack are] probably not available because of their heartbreak but they're going through the same thing at the same time and there's a window now," Nick said. The actor also spoke about the death of Conrad Grayson.
"[P]resumably he's actually gone. At some point we have to stop using the old soap trick of 'Just kidding, I'm not dead!'"
Revenge Season 4 will show a different, more mature Emily Thorne, Sunil Nayar told E! Online. The Emily Thorne who launched a personal vendetta against the Graysons was a child, but the Emily who lost the man she loved is a woman scorned, Nayar hinted. This resets the revengenda as far as Ms Thorne is concerned.
Speaking about another Revenge Season 4 character, Nayar also told E! Online Josh Bowman is not leaving the ABC drama. After all, Daniel Grayson is at a very interesting point in his life, story-wise. Nayar acknowledged Bowman had previously hinted he was considering leaving the series.
"I think when Josh was saying those things, it was in the middle of those episodes where he shot Emily," Nayar said, adding that the story has developed in many ways now. Conrad's death is "going to hit him in ways that will be surprising and unexpected," Nayar said.
Revenge Season 4 is expected to offer more twists. For instance, Charlotte Clarke/Grayson (Christa B. Allen) is also growing in ways that could take her down darker roads. Nolan Ross (Gabriel Mann), meanwhile, has to deal with another villain.
More TV Guide and Spoilers
'Revenge' Season 3 Finale Recap, Review: Showrunner Sunil Nayar Explains Twists and Season 4 Clarke Changes [SPOILERS]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen Updates [GOT 4x9 Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown