2014 French Open Women's Semifinals: Sharapova Defeats Bouchard, Advance to Championship Round [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 6, 2014 2:06 AM EST
Russian Maria Sharapova lost the first set and her serve got broken twice in the second but nonetheless pulled off the stirring three-set win over Canadian Eugenie Bouchard, 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 in the first semifinal of the women's singles of the 2014 French Open.
The 7th seed Sharapova awaits the winner of the Simona Halep (Romania) vs. Andrea Petkovic (Germany) match-up in the other final four match.
The 27-year-old Russian won the Grand Slam in Paris in 2012 and is aiming for her fifth overall majors championship.
View the slideshow to view more images from the Sharapova-Bouchard semifinals match.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch