Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds 'Agree in Principle' with Leverkusen to Sign Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 11:37 PM EST
Liverpool have "agreed in principle" with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defensive midfielder Emre Can.
The deal has yet to be consummated due to documentation reasons, which should be a mere formality as far as third-persons are concerned.
Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers reacts following their final soccer match of the Premier League season against Newcastle United which they won 2-1, at Anfield in Liverpool
"Emre Can has made a rapid and positive development at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the last 12 months," Bayer Chief Michael Shade told uefa.com.
"We would have liked to keep him at Leverkusen, but the buy-out clause was part of his contract. We wish him the best for his future development in the Premier League."
The 20-year-old former Bayern Munich man made 39 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit, tallying 4 goals and 5 assists, helping them secure a fourth place finish in the domestic league to rebook a place in the Champions League next season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase