Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds 'Agree in Principle' with Leverkusen to Sign Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 11:37 PM EST
Liverpool have "agreed in principle" with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defensive midfielder Emre Can.
The deal has yet to be consummated due to documentation reasons, which should be a mere formality as far as third-persons are concerned.
Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers reacts following their final soccer match of the Premier League season against Newcastle United which they won 2-1, at Anfield in Liverpool
"Emre Can has made a rapid and positive development at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the last 12 months," Bayer Chief Michael Shade told uefa.com.
"We would have liked to keep him at Leverkusen, but the buy-out clause was part of his contract. We wish him the best for his future development in the Premier League."
The 20-year-old former Bayern Munich man made 39 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit, tallying 4 goals and 5 assists, helping them secure a fourth place finish in the domestic league to rebook a place in the Champions League next season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid