Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds 'Agree in Principle' with Leverkusen to Sign Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 11:37 PM EST
Liverpool have "agreed in principle" with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defensive midfielder Emre Can.
The deal has yet to be consummated due to documentation reasons, which should be a mere formality as far as third-persons are concerned.
Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers reacts following their final soccer match of the Premier League season against Newcastle United which they won 2-1, at Anfield in Liverpool
"Emre Can has made a rapid and positive development at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the last 12 months," Bayer Chief Michael Shade told uefa.com.
"We would have liked to keep him at Leverkusen, but the buy-out clause was part of his contract. We wish him the best for his future development in the Premier League."
The 20-year-old former Bayern Munich man made 39 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit, tallying 4 goals and 5 assists, helping them secure a fourth place finish in the domestic league to rebook a place in the Champions League next season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More