Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds 'Agree in Principle' with Leverkusen to Sign Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 11:37 PM EST
Liverpool have "agreed in principle" with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defensive midfielder Emre Can.
The deal has yet to be consummated due to documentation reasons, which should be a mere formality as far as third-persons are concerned.
Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers reacts following their final soccer match of the Premier League season against Newcastle United which they won 2-1, at Anfield in Liverpool
"Emre Can has made a rapid and positive development at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the last 12 months," Bayer Chief Michael Shade told uefa.com.
"We would have liked to keep him at Leverkusen, but the buy-out clause was part of his contract. We wish him the best for his future development in the Premier League."
The 20-year-old former Bayern Munich man made 39 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit, tallying 4 goals and 5 assists, helping them secure a fourth place finish in the domestic league to rebook a place in the Champions League next season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop