Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds 'Agree in Principle' with Leverkusen to Sign Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 11:37 PM EST
Liverpool have "agreed in principle" with Bayer Leverkusen to sign defensive midfielder Emre Can.
The deal has yet to be consummated due to documentation reasons, which should be a mere formality as far as third-persons are concerned.
Liverpool's manager Brendan Rodgers reacts following their final soccer match of the Premier League season against Newcastle United which they won 2-1, at Anfield in Liverpool
"Emre Can has made a rapid and positive development at Bayer 04 Leverkusen over the last 12 months," Bayer Chief Michael Shade told uefa.com.
"We would have liked to keep him at Leverkusen, but the buy-out clause was part of his contract. We wish him the best for his future development in the Premier League."
The 20-year-old former Bayern Munich man made 39 appearances for the Bundesliga outfit, tallying 4 goals and 5 assists, helping them secure a fourth place finish in the domestic league to rebook a place in the Champions League next season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS