Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Flex 'Financial Muscles' as they Seek to Snatch Mexican Starlet in the Next Two Days
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 10:28 PM EST
Chelsea will need to flex their "financial muscles" as they seek to snatch Pachuca rising star Jurgen Damm.
The 21-year-old Mexican national has been receiving attention from European clubs after making an impact for the Primera Division side, using his speed on the right flank that produced 3 goals and 3 assists.
Chelsea looks to snatch Pachuca's Jurgen Damm as Jose Mourinho vowed to undergo a squad overhaul this offseason
Club vice-president Andres Fassi would like the youngster to stay, but admitted that an offer by the Blues might prove hard to resist.
"Yes, there is interest, but we have to see how much they are interested," Fassi told The Mirror.
"In principle, we have a sporting plan for Jurgen and we hope he stays. But if something comes up from abroad, we have to take it into account; and if it's serious, we have to respond."
"We will have news in the next 48 hours."
"When it comes to us, it's a matter of sporting project. We want him to stay and we will see how much Chelsea are interested."
"There is a belief they arrive in Mexico on Thursday to talk with us."
Jose Mourinho has pledged in the past that his squad will undergo an overhaul this offseason to bring back the glory to Stamford Bridge in the 2014/15 campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon