Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Flex 'Financial Muscles' as they Seek to Snatch Mexican Starlet in the Next Two Days
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 10:28 PM EST
Chelsea will need to flex their "financial muscles" as they seek to snatch Pachuca rising star Jurgen Damm.
The 21-year-old Mexican national has been receiving attention from European clubs after making an impact for the Primera Division side, using his speed on the right flank that produced 3 goals and 3 assists.
Chelsea looks to snatch Pachuca's Jurgen Damm as Jose Mourinho vowed to undergo a squad overhaul this offseason
Club vice-president Andres Fassi would like the youngster to stay, but admitted that an offer by the Blues might prove hard to resist.
"Yes, there is interest, but we have to see how much they are interested," Fassi told The Mirror.
"In principle, we have a sporting plan for Jurgen and we hope he stays. But if something comes up from abroad, we have to take it into account; and if it's serious, we have to respond."
"We will have news in the next 48 hours."
"When it comes to us, it's a matter of sporting project. We want him to stay and we will see how much Chelsea are interested."
"There is a belief they arrive in Mexico on Thursday to talk with us."
Jose Mourinho has pledged in the past that his squad will undergo an overhaul this offseason to bring back the glory to Stamford Bridge in the 2014/15 campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June