Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues to Flex 'Financial Muscles' as they Seek to Snatch Mexican Starlet in the Next Two Days
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 10:28 PM EST
Chelsea will need to flex their "financial muscles" as they seek to snatch Pachuca rising star Jurgen Damm.
The 21-year-old Mexican national has been receiving attention from European clubs after making an impact for the Primera Division side, using his speed on the right flank that produced 3 goals and 3 assists.
Chelsea looks to snatch Pachuca's Jurgen Damm as Jose Mourinho vowed to undergo a squad overhaul this offseason
Club vice-president Andres Fassi would like the youngster to stay, but admitted that an offer by the Blues might prove hard to resist.
"Yes, there is interest, but we have to see how much they are interested," Fassi told The Mirror.
"In principle, we have a sporting plan for Jurgen and we hope he stays. But if something comes up from abroad, we have to take it into account; and if it's serious, we have to respond."
"We will have news in the next 48 hours."
"When it comes to us, it's a matter of sporting project. We want him to stay and we will see how much Chelsea are interested."
"There is a belief they arrive in Mexico on Thursday to talk with us."
Jose Mourinho has pledged in the past that his squad will undergo an overhaul this offseason to bring back the glory to Stamford Bridge in the 2014/15 campaign.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report