Chelsea FC Transfer News: Barcelona Playmaker Could Join Man United Over Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 9:36 PM EST
FC Barcelona playmaker Cesc Fabregas could be joining Premier League rivals Manchester United instead of Chelsea, as the Catalan club sees the Blues as a threat in next season's Champions league.
FC Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas could move to Manchester United instead of Chelsea
According to Spanish source, Marca, newly appointed manager Luis Enrique would rather send the 27-year-old to Old Trafford since the Red Devils will miss European football, for the first time in a long time, come the 2014/15 term.
Fabregas, who is not considered as an indispensable player under the new boss, will be a welcome addition to any squad that he may be joining.
Aside from his vast experience from the Spanish national team, he has enjoyed a generally successful stint with Arsenal, before following through at Barca despite being played out of his natural position as a central midfielder from time to time.
The £44million-rated La Masia graduate delivered 22 assists, while finding the back of the net 13 times during the Blaugrana's 2013/14 campaign, proving that he can make an impact in clubs with deeper lineups.
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid