‘Better Call Saul’: Bryan Cranston Likely to Reprise his ‘Breaking Bad’ Walter White Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 9:17 PM EST
The online sphere is abuzz with news that Bryan Cranston is likely to star in the prequel, the spin-off, of his cult drama series "Breaking Bad." The prequel, "Better Call Saul," is set in a time when Saul Goodman had not met Walter White.
AMC's "Breaking Bad" wrapped-up with the death of Walter White, the milquetoast chemistry teacher who turned into the most-dreaded drug kingpin, Heisenberg. Since "Better Call Saul" is a prequel, Walter White can be shown alive and in his chemistry teacher avatar.
Citing a source, Hollywood Life has reported that Cranston will "definitely" be returning to the small screen. "With the new show coming and the possibility of flashbacks or flash-forwards, there is going to be something with Walter White," the source said to Hollywood Life.
"They won't do it as a gimmick, it will actually mean something when they do it. Definitely expect the return of Walter White in some way, shape or form in the new show."
There are rumours that Walter White might have survived and he is well and alive. Without confirming the rumour, the source said to Hollywood Life that they have options to bring back Walter White and it will be done in an "awesome" way.
Recently, Cranston teased that one should "never say never" when he was asked if Walter White dodged his death. In an interview with CNN, the actor said, "Hey, you never saw bags zip up or anything."
Meanwhile, Vince Gilligan, creator of "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul," is worried that the spin-off may turn out to be a mistake.
At The Hollywood Report's roundtable, Gilligan said, "I am worried ... it may turn out this was a mistake to do this. If it's 'After M.A.S.H' rather than "Frasier" it won't be for a lack of hard work and wishful thinking, but you just don't know until the world takes it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June