Chelsea FC Transfer News: Personal Terms to be Discussed as Madrid Striker Passes Medical
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa will now discuss personal terms with Chelsea, as he was able to pass the medical examination with flying colours.
Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa will discuss personal terms with Chelsea after passing the medical
The west Londoners bid of £32million proved too much for the Rojiblancos as the Brazil-born Spanish international is likely to don the blue uniform next season.
He turned heads during the 2013/14 term after helping Atleti clinch the La Liga crown for the first time in almost two decades, while also leading them to a second-place finish in the Champions League.
The 25-year-old accounted for a total of 36 goals and 7 assists in 51 appearances for the capital-based outfit.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is desperate to bring in a world-class striker like Costa because his return campaign at Stamford Bridge fell short of any silverware due to a lack of scoring output.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4