‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale]: Jon Hamm and Co to Walk Away and Lock the Door, Hamlin Gets Hate Mail [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper," has said that "Mad Men" has been a huge part of his life and it would be tricky to see it end. The actor believes that once the show ends, they are going to have an emotional journey, with everyone walking away and locking the door.
"It's been a big, big, big part of my life. I've got a lot of really good friends in the cast and crew. It's going to be tricky [to see it end]," Hamm said to Huffington Post while talking about the final episodes.
Hamm did not reveal anything related to the finale, but said, "I'm not going to say I wish it wouldn't end, because everything has to end, but it is what it is. We're going to have an emotional journey once we wrap it up. We'll walk away and lock the door."
The season finale of "Mad Men" Season 6 sent Don Draper on a forced leave, without a return date. In the first half of "Mad Men" Season 7, which is the final season, Draper returned to SC&P after he said okay to a number of stipulations. If Draper was trying to begin from the scratch and get back his old life in the firm, Jim Cutler was determined to see the ouster of Draper and this time permanently. At the end of Episode 7 of "Mad Men" Season 7, Draper managed to stay on in the firm because of Roger's acquisition deal with McCann. There was, however, a big question mark on Cutler's future.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Cafe, Harry Hamlin, who plays the role of Cutler, also refused to talk about what happens to his character and about the final episodes, as he is "forbidden" from spilling anything about the finale. He said that he stopped talking at "its a lot of money" and he cannot talk anything further. Its his last line
Describing the character of Cutler, Hamlin said that he is "a pragmatist on the show." Also, the actor called Cutler a "bottom line guy."
Cutler wants what's best for the business and Cutler wants what's best for him, Hamlin said. He called the character a jerk, adding that "but in the end I'm [Cutler] going to be a very wealthy jerk."
Hamlin revealed in an interview with Associated Press that he has received a lot of hate mails because he lashed out at Draper's character, including for calling him a footballer in a suit and a bully and a drunk. There were a lot tweets,saying he was being mean to Draper.
The final season of "Mad Men" has been split into two halves. The second half of the season, consisting of seven episodes, is expected to premiere sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions