‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale]: Jon Hamm and Co to Walk Away and Lock the Door, Hamlin Gets Hate Mail [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper," has said that "Mad Men" has been a huge part of his life and it would be tricky to see it end. The actor believes that once the show ends, they are going to have an emotional journey, with everyone walking away and locking the door.
"It's been a big, big, big part of my life. I've got a lot of really good friends in the cast and crew. It's going to be tricky [to see it end]," Hamm said to Huffington Post while talking about the final episodes.
Hamm did not reveal anything related to the finale, but said, "I'm not going to say I wish it wouldn't end, because everything has to end, but it is what it is. We're going to have an emotional journey once we wrap it up. We'll walk away and lock the door."
The season finale of "Mad Men" Season 6 sent Don Draper on a forced leave, without a return date. In the first half of "Mad Men" Season 7, which is the final season, Draper returned to SC&P after he said okay to a number of stipulations. If Draper was trying to begin from the scratch and get back his old life in the firm, Jim Cutler was determined to see the ouster of Draper and this time permanently. At the end of Episode 7 of "Mad Men" Season 7, Draper managed to stay on in the firm because of Roger's acquisition deal with McCann. There was, however, a big question mark on Cutler's future.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Cafe, Harry Hamlin, who plays the role of Cutler, also refused to talk about what happens to his character and about the final episodes, as he is "forbidden" from spilling anything about the finale. He said that he stopped talking at "its a lot of money" and he cannot talk anything further. Its his last line
Describing the character of Cutler, Hamlin said that he is "a pragmatist on the show." Also, the actor called Cutler a "bottom line guy."
Cutler wants what's best for the business and Cutler wants what's best for him, Hamlin said. He called the character a jerk, adding that "but in the end I'm [Cutler] going to be a very wealthy jerk."
Hamlin revealed in an interview with Associated Press that he has received a lot of hate mails because he lashed out at Draper's character, including for calling him a footballer in a suit and a bully and a drunk. There were a lot tweets,saying he was being mean to Draper.
The final season of "Mad Men" has been split into two halves. The second half of the season, consisting of seven episodes, is expected to premiere sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0