‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale]: Jon Hamm and Co to Walk Away and Lock the Door, Hamlin Gets Hate Mail [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper," has said that "Mad Men" has been a huge part of his life and it would be tricky to see it end. The actor believes that once the show ends, they are going to have an emotional journey, with everyone walking away and locking the door.
"It's been a big, big, big part of my life. I've got a lot of really good friends in the cast and crew. It's going to be tricky [to see it end]," Hamm said to Huffington Post while talking about the final episodes.
Hamm did not reveal anything related to the finale, but said, "I'm not going to say I wish it wouldn't end, because everything has to end, but it is what it is. We're going to have an emotional journey once we wrap it up. We'll walk away and lock the door."
The season finale of "Mad Men" Season 6 sent Don Draper on a forced leave, without a return date. In the first half of "Mad Men" Season 7, which is the final season, Draper returned to SC&P after he said okay to a number of stipulations. If Draper was trying to begin from the scratch and get back his old life in the firm, Jim Cutler was determined to see the ouster of Draper and this time permanently. At the end of Episode 7 of "Mad Men" Season 7, Draper managed to stay on in the firm because of Roger's acquisition deal with McCann. There was, however, a big question mark on Cutler's future.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Cafe, Harry Hamlin, who plays the role of Cutler, also refused to talk about what happens to his character and about the final episodes, as he is "forbidden" from spilling anything about the finale. He said that he stopped talking at "its a lot of money" and he cannot talk anything further. Its his last line
Describing the character of Cutler, Hamlin said that he is "a pragmatist on the show." Also, the actor called Cutler a "bottom line guy."
Cutler wants what's best for the business and Cutler wants what's best for him, Hamlin said. He called the character a jerk, adding that "but in the end I'm [Cutler] going to be a very wealthy jerk."
Hamlin revealed in an interview with Associated Press that he has received a lot of hate mails because he lashed out at Draper's character, including for calling him a footballer in a suit and a bully and a drunk. There were a lot tweets,saying he was being mean to Draper.
The final season of "Mad Men" has been split into two halves. The second half of the season, consisting of seven episodes, is expected to premiere sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales