‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale]: Jon Hamm and Co to Walk Away and Lock the Door, Hamlin Gets Hate Mail [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper," has said that "Mad Men" has been a huge part of his life and it would be tricky to see it end. The actor believes that once the show ends, they are going to have an emotional journey, with everyone walking away and locking the door.
"It's been a big, big, big part of my life. I've got a lot of really good friends in the cast and crew. It's going to be tricky [to see it end]," Hamm said to Huffington Post while talking about the final episodes.
Hamm did not reveal anything related to the finale, but said, "I'm not going to say I wish it wouldn't end, because everything has to end, but it is what it is. We're going to have an emotional journey once we wrap it up. We'll walk away and lock the door."
The season finale of "Mad Men" Season 6 sent Don Draper on a forced leave, without a return date. In the first half of "Mad Men" Season 7, which is the final season, Draper returned to SC&P after he said okay to a number of stipulations. If Draper was trying to begin from the scratch and get back his old life in the firm, Jim Cutler was determined to see the ouster of Draper and this time permanently. At the end of Episode 7 of "Mad Men" Season 7, Draper managed to stay on in the firm because of Roger's acquisition deal with McCann. There was, however, a big question mark on Cutler's future.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Cafe, Harry Hamlin, who plays the role of Cutler, also refused to talk about what happens to his character and about the final episodes, as he is "forbidden" from spilling anything about the finale. He said that he stopped talking at "its a lot of money" and he cannot talk anything further. Its his last line
Describing the character of Cutler, Hamlin said that he is "a pragmatist on the show." Also, the actor called Cutler a "bottom line guy."
Cutler wants what's best for the business and Cutler wants what's best for him, Hamlin said. He called the character a jerk, adding that "but in the end I'm [Cutler] going to be a very wealthy jerk."
Hamlin revealed in an interview with Associated Press that he has received a lot of hate mails because he lashed out at Draper's character, including for calling him a footballer in a suit and a bully and a drunk. There were a lot tweets,saying he was being mean to Draper.
The final season of "Mad Men" has been split into two halves. The second half of the season, consisting of seven episodes, is expected to premiere sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?