‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Finale]: Jon Hamm and Co to Walk Away and Lock the Door, Hamlin Gets Hate Mail [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 5, 2014 8:20 PM EST
Jon Hamm, who plays Don Draper," has said that "Mad Men" has been a huge part of his life and it would be tricky to see it end. The actor believes that once the show ends, they are going to have an emotional journey, with everyone walking away and locking the door.
"It's been a big, big, big part of my life. I've got a lot of really good friends in the cast and crew. It's going to be tricky [to see it end]," Hamm said to Huffington Post while talking about the final episodes.
Hamm did not reveal anything related to the finale, but said, "I'm not going to say I wish it wouldn't end, because everything has to end, but it is what it is. We're going to have an emotional journey once we wrap it up. We'll walk away and lock the door."
The season finale of "Mad Men" Season 6 sent Don Draper on a forced leave, without a return date. In the first half of "Mad Men" Season 7, which is the final season, Draper returned to SC&P after he said okay to a number of stipulations. If Draper was trying to begin from the scratch and get back his old life in the firm, Jim Cutler was determined to see the ouster of Draper and this time permanently. At the end of Episode 7 of "Mad Men" Season 7, Draper managed to stay on in the firm because of Roger's acquisition deal with McCann. There was, however, a big question mark on Cutler's future.
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal Cafe, Harry Hamlin, who plays the role of Cutler, also refused to talk about what happens to his character and about the final episodes, as he is "forbidden" from spilling anything about the finale. He said that he stopped talking at "its a lot of money" and he cannot talk anything further. Its his last line
Describing the character of Cutler, Hamlin said that he is "a pragmatist on the show." Also, the actor called Cutler a "bottom line guy."
Cutler wants what's best for the business and Cutler wants what's best for him, Hamlin said. He called the character a jerk, adding that "but in the end I'm [Cutler] going to be a very wealthy jerk."
Hamlin revealed in an interview with Associated Press that he has received a lot of hate mails because he lashed out at Draper's character, including for calling him a footballer in a suit and a bully and a drunk. There were a lot tweets,saying he was being mean to Draper.
The final season of "Mad Men" has been split into two halves. The second half of the season, consisting of seven episodes, is expected to premiere sometime in spring 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies