Justin Bieber Extorted for $1M to Prevent Racist Video Leak, Ex-Bodyguard Defends Him
By Maychelle Ornos | June 5, 2014 5:12 PM EST
In the wake of the scandalous video of Justin Bieber taken five years ago saying the dreaded N-word in the parody of the song "One Less Lonely Girl," the Canadian pop star humbled himself and said sorry for saying such nasty words. However, the two videos of him repeatedly saying the N-word were used to extort money from the young star for years, according to TMZ.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Celebrities who are caught doing things that they shouldn't be doing often find themselves in this situation and for Bieber the evidence is much too strong since he knows that he is being video taped. The sum that was being asked for the silence of the person handling the video was $1 Million.
Apparently, the parodied "One Less Lonely N-word" was seen by Bieber in YouTube and had copied the parody thinking that it was funny, TMZ exclusively reports. Justin immediately apologized for his actions and hurtful words. He took to his Twitter account to extend his apologies to all that was offended and has took it upon himself to be responsible for his actions.
The years of fear that the video will be leaked and the extortion plot against him made him decide to just let it go. The backlash that the "Baby" singer has experienced because of his really bad joke using the N-word was terrible.
However, his former bodyguard was quick to defend him that he is not racist "just a bad joke-teller." TMZ reports that Kenny Hamilton, Bieber's former bodyguard, shared in his Twitter account his thoughts on the recent issue against the "Looking For You" singer.
"We all make jokes about people's size, look, or race. That doesn't mean it's right but comedians make millions of dollars profiting off of these jokes. If someone is racist or prejudice you would from a persons actions. Not because of a joke a 15 year old says," Hamilton shared.
He then added, "As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart." Hamilton left Bieber and is now working in an executive position at Beats Music. However, the two are reportedly still friends and have a close contact with each other.
Justin Bieber faces more criticisms but will he get away with it after apologising?
As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart.
— Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
Yes he said some bad jokes and I know if he could he would take back what was said. He's grown a lot in 5 years and as we all grow we learn — Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2