Justin Bieber Extorted for $1M to Prevent Racist Video Leak, Ex-Bodyguard Defends Him
By Maychelle Ornos | June 5, 2014 5:12 PM EST
In the wake of the scandalous video of Justin Bieber taken five years ago saying the dreaded N-word in the parody of the song "One Less Lonely Girl," the Canadian pop star humbled himself and said sorry for saying such nasty words. However, the two videos of him repeatedly saying the N-word were used to extort money from the young star for years, according to TMZ.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Celebrities who are caught doing things that they shouldn't be doing often find themselves in this situation and for Bieber the evidence is much too strong since he knows that he is being video taped. The sum that was being asked for the silence of the person handling the video was $1 Million.
Apparently, the parodied "One Less Lonely N-word" was seen by Bieber in YouTube and had copied the parody thinking that it was funny, TMZ exclusively reports. Justin immediately apologized for his actions and hurtful words. He took to his Twitter account to extend his apologies to all that was offended and has took it upon himself to be responsible for his actions.
The years of fear that the video will be leaked and the extortion plot against him made him decide to just let it go. The backlash that the "Baby" singer has experienced because of his really bad joke using the N-word was terrible.
However, his former bodyguard was quick to defend him that he is not racist "just a bad joke-teller." TMZ reports that Kenny Hamilton, Bieber's former bodyguard, shared in his Twitter account his thoughts on the recent issue against the "Looking For You" singer.
"We all make jokes about people's size, look, or race. That doesn't mean it's right but comedians make millions of dollars profiting off of these jokes. If someone is racist or prejudice you would from a persons actions. Not because of a joke a 15 year old says," Hamilton shared.
He then added, "As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart." Hamilton left Bieber and is now working in an executive position at Beats Music. However, the two are reportedly still friends and have a close contact with each other.
Justin Bieber faces more criticisms but will he get away with it after apologising?
As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart.
— Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
Yes he said some bad jokes and I know if he could he would take back what was said. He's grown a lot in 5 years and as we all grow we learn — Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports