Justin Bieber Extorted for $1M to Prevent Racist Video Leak, Ex-Bodyguard Defends Him
By Maychelle Ornos | June 5, 2014 5:12 PM EST
In the wake of the scandalous video of Justin Bieber taken five years ago saying the dreaded N-word in the parody of the song "One Less Lonely Girl," the Canadian pop star humbled himself and said sorry for saying such nasty words. However, the two videos of him repeatedly saying the N-word were used to extort money from the young star for years, according to TMZ.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Celebrities who are caught doing things that they shouldn't be doing often find themselves in this situation and for Bieber the evidence is much too strong since he knows that he is being video taped. The sum that was being asked for the silence of the person handling the video was $1 Million.
Apparently, the parodied "One Less Lonely N-word" was seen by Bieber in YouTube and had copied the parody thinking that it was funny, TMZ exclusively reports. Justin immediately apologized for his actions and hurtful words. He took to his Twitter account to extend his apologies to all that was offended and has took it upon himself to be responsible for his actions.
The years of fear that the video will be leaked and the extortion plot against him made him decide to just let it go. The backlash that the "Baby" singer has experienced because of his really bad joke using the N-word was terrible.
However, his former bodyguard was quick to defend him that he is not racist "just a bad joke-teller." TMZ reports that Kenny Hamilton, Bieber's former bodyguard, shared in his Twitter account his thoughts on the recent issue against the "Looking For You" singer.
"We all make jokes about people's size, look, or race. That doesn't mean it's right but comedians make millions of dollars profiting off of these jokes. If someone is racist or prejudice you would from a persons actions. Not because of a joke a 15 year old says," Hamilton shared.
He then added, "As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart." Hamilton left Bieber and is now working in an executive position at Beats Music. However, the two are reportedly still friends and have a close contact with each other.
Justin Bieber faces more criticisms but will he get away with it after apologising?
As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart.
— Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
Yes he said some bad jokes and I know if he could he would take back what was said. He's grown a lot in 5 years and as we all grow we learn — Kenny Hamilton (@KennyHamilton) June 1, 2014
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) June 1, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More