'Man of Steel 2: Batman Vs Superman' Cast Update: Emily Blunt Could Play Cat Woman, Tom Hiddleston Touted for Joker
By Sonalee singh | June 5, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Could "Avengers" actor Tom Hiddleston be casted as joker in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League" films. According to report by Movie Pilot, Hiddleston could do justice to the character, which was played to perfection by late actor Heath Ledger. Ledger did an extraordinary job with the role of Joker in the "Dark Knight" series and if Hiddleston gets the part then he has to put an extra ounce to pull himself out of Heath's shadow.
Hiddleston did an extraordinary job playing the God of Mischief, Loki in the Marvel films - Thor, "The Avengers" and "Thor 2" and thereby it is speculated that he could be casted as Joker in the Marvel's Justice League series.
Meanwhile, another interesting speculation suggests that Emily Blunt could play Catwoman. According to Spanish Web site E!Multicine (via Movie Pilot), the "Edge of Tomorrow" star is up for the role in Zack Snyder movie.
The spanish Web site's report regarding Blunt's name being circulated for Catwoman's name reads as:
"The actress Emily Blunt will land on billboards worldwide with her film 'Edge of Tomorrow', in what appears to be a great science fiction role. Now her name returns to the orbit of comic adaptations with her possible incorporation in 'Batman Vs Superman', directed by Zack Snyder. A film that has been shooting since last month."
Meanwhile, Zack Snyder recently talked to Japanese Times about creating a more flawless and vulnerable Superman whose comic character is of an immigrant.
"One of the original authors of the Superman comics, Joe Shuster, was an immigrant. I thought it was fascinating how Superman - an infant from a distant planet - was placed in Kansas, which is the most iconographically central location in the U.S. Clark Kent represents a dichotomy: He's a complete foreigner, literally an alien, but trying to come into his own in Kansas. And he holds a mirror up for ourselves. In many ways, Clark Kent's dilemma is the American dilemma. Wherever we're from, we all have this very strong desire for acceptance. When he's young, most of Clark Kent's efforts are directed toward being like everyone else. So the fact that he's not like everyone and never will be is very difficult for him to accept. And he's adopted too, which could be hard for a kid. I have four adopted children, so I know how that is."
"Batman vs Superman" is slated to release in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown