'Man of Steel 2: Batman Vs Superman' Cast Update: Emily Blunt Could Play Cat Woman, Tom Hiddleston Touted for Joker
By Sonalee singh | June 5, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Could "Avengers" actor Tom Hiddleston be casted as joker in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League" films. According to report by Movie Pilot, Hiddleston could do justice to the character, which was played to perfection by late actor Heath Ledger. Ledger did an extraordinary job with the role of Joker in the "Dark Knight" series and if Hiddleston gets the part then he has to put an extra ounce to pull himself out of Heath's shadow.
Hiddleston did an extraordinary job playing the God of Mischief, Loki in the Marvel films - Thor, "The Avengers" and "Thor 2" and thereby it is speculated that he could be casted as Joker in the Marvel's Justice League series.
Meanwhile, another interesting speculation suggests that Emily Blunt could play Catwoman. According to Spanish Web site E!Multicine (via Movie Pilot), the "Edge of Tomorrow" star is up for the role in Zack Snyder movie.
The spanish Web site's report regarding Blunt's name being circulated for Catwoman's name reads as:
"The actress Emily Blunt will land on billboards worldwide with her film 'Edge of Tomorrow', in what appears to be a great science fiction role. Now her name returns to the orbit of comic adaptations with her possible incorporation in 'Batman Vs Superman', directed by Zack Snyder. A film that has been shooting since last month."
Meanwhile, Zack Snyder recently talked to Japanese Times about creating a more flawless and vulnerable Superman whose comic character is of an immigrant.
"One of the original authors of the Superman comics, Joe Shuster, was an immigrant. I thought it was fascinating how Superman - an infant from a distant planet - was placed in Kansas, which is the most iconographically central location in the U.S. Clark Kent represents a dichotomy: He's a complete foreigner, literally an alien, but trying to come into his own in Kansas. And he holds a mirror up for ourselves. In many ways, Clark Kent's dilemma is the American dilemma. Wherever we're from, we all have this very strong desire for acceptance. When he's young, most of Clark Kent's efforts are directed toward being like everyone else. So the fact that he's not like everyone and never will be is very difficult for him to accept. And he's adopted too, which could be hard for a kid. I have four adopted children, so I know how that is."
"Batman vs Superman" is slated to release in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate