'Man of Steel 2: Batman Vs Superman' Cast Update: Emily Blunt Could Play Cat Woman, Tom Hiddleston Touted for Joker
By Sonalee singh | June 5, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Could "Avengers" actor Tom Hiddleston be casted as joker in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League" films. According to report by Movie Pilot, Hiddleston could do justice to the character, which was played to perfection by late actor Heath Ledger. Ledger did an extraordinary job with the role of Joker in the "Dark Knight" series and if Hiddleston gets the part then he has to put an extra ounce to pull himself out of Heath's shadow.
Hiddleston did an extraordinary job playing the God of Mischief, Loki in the Marvel films - Thor, "The Avengers" and "Thor 2" and thereby it is speculated that he could be casted as Joker in the Marvel's Justice League series.
Meanwhile, another interesting speculation suggests that Emily Blunt could play Catwoman. According to Spanish Web site E!Multicine (via Movie Pilot), the "Edge of Tomorrow" star is up for the role in Zack Snyder movie.
The spanish Web site's report regarding Blunt's name being circulated for Catwoman's name reads as:
"The actress Emily Blunt will land on billboards worldwide with her film 'Edge of Tomorrow', in what appears to be a great science fiction role. Now her name returns to the orbit of comic adaptations with her possible incorporation in 'Batman Vs Superman', directed by Zack Snyder. A film that has been shooting since last month."
Meanwhile, Zack Snyder recently talked to Japanese Times about creating a more flawless and vulnerable Superman whose comic character is of an immigrant.
"One of the original authors of the Superman comics, Joe Shuster, was an immigrant. I thought it was fascinating how Superman - an infant from a distant planet - was placed in Kansas, which is the most iconographically central location in the U.S. Clark Kent represents a dichotomy: He's a complete foreigner, literally an alien, but trying to come into his own in Kansas. And he holds a mirror up for ourselves. In many ways, Clark Kent's dilemma is the American dilemma. Wherever we're from, we all have this very strong desire for acceptance. When he's young, most of Clark Kent's efforts are directed toward being like everyone else. So the fact that he's not like everyone and never will be is very difficult for him to accept. And he's adopted too, which could be hard for a kid. I have four adopted children, so I know how that is."
"Batman vs Superman" is slated to release in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid