'Man of Steel 2: Batman Vs Superman' Cast Update: Emily Blunt Could Play Cat Woman, Tom Hiddleston Touted for Joker
By Sonalee singh | June 5, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Could "Avengers" actor Tom Hiddleston be casted as joker in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League" films. According to report by Movie Pilot, Hiddleston could do justice to the character, which was played to perfection by late actor Heath Ledger. Ledger did an extraordinary job with the role of Joker in the "Dark Knight" series and if Hiddleston gets the part then he has to put an extra ounce to pull himself out of Heath's shadow.
Hiddleston did an extraordinary job playing the God of Mischief, Loki in the Marvel films - Thor, "The Avengers" and "Thor 2" and thereby it is speculated that he could be casted as Joker in the Marvel's Justice League series.
Meanwhile, another interesting speculation suggests that Emily Blunt could play Catwoman. According to Spanish Web site E!Multicine (via Movie Pilot), the "Edge of Tomorrow" star is up for the role in Zack Snyder movie.
The spanish Web site's report regarding Blunt's name being circulated for Catwoman's name reads as:
"The actress Emily Blunt will land on billboards worldwide with her film 'Edge of Tomorrow', in what appears to be a great science fiction role. Now her name returns to the orbit of comic adaptations with her possible incorporation in 'Batman Vs Superman', directed by Zack Snyder. A film that has been shooting since last month."
Meanwhile, Zack Snyder recently talked to Japanese Times about creating a more flawless and vulnerable Superman whose comic character is of an immigrant.
"One of the original authors of the Superman comics, Joe Shuster, was an immigrant. I thought it was fascinating how Superman - an infant from a distant planet - was placed in Kansas, which is the most iconographically central location in the U.S. Clark Kent represents a dichotomy: He's a complete foreigner, literally an alien, but trying to come into his own in Kansas. And he holds a mirror up for ourselves. In many ways, Clark Kent's dilemma is the American dilemma. Wherever we're from, we all have this very strong desire for acceptance. When he's young, most of Clark Kent's efforts are directed toward being like everyone else. So the fact that he's not like everyone and never will be is very difficult for him to accept. And he's adopted too, which could be hard for a kid. I have four adopted children, so I know how that is."
"Batman vs Superman" is slated to release in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop