'Man of Steel 2: Batman Vs Superman' Cast Update: Emily Blunt Could Play Cat Woman, Tom Hiddleston Touted for Joker
By Sonalee singh | June 5, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Could "Avengers" actor Tom Hiddleston be casted as joker in the upcoming "Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League" films. According to report by Movie Pilot, Hiddleston could do justice to the character, which was played to perfection by late actor Heath Ledger. Ledger did an extraordinary job with the role of Joker in the "Dark Knight" series and if Hiddleston gets the part then he has to put an extra ounce to pull himself out of Heath's shadow.
Hiddleston did an extraordinary job playing the God of Mischief, Loki in the Marvel films - Thor, "The Avengers" and "Thor 2" and thereby it is speculated that he could be casted as Joker in the Marvel's Justice League series.
Meanwhile, another interesting speculation suggests that Emily Blunt could play Catwoman. According to Spanish Web site E!Multicine (via Movie Pilot), the "Edge of Tomorrow" star is up for the role in Zack Snyder movie.
The spanish Web site's report regarding Blunt's name being circulated for Catwoman's name reads as:
"The actress Emily Blunt will land on billboards worldwide with her film 'Edge of Tomorrow', in what appears to be a great science fiction role. Now her name returns to the orbit of comic adaptations with her possible incorporation in 'Batman Vs Superman', directed by Zack Snyder. A film that has been shooting since last month."
Meanwhile, Zack Snyder recently talked to Japanese Times about creating a more flawless and vulnerable Superman whose comic character is of an immigrant.
"One of the original authors of the Superman comics, Joe Shuster, was an immigrant. I thought it was fascinating how Superman - an infant from a distant planet - was placed in Kansas, which is the most iconographically central location in the U.S. Clark Kent represents a dichotomy: He's a complete foreigner, literally an alien, but trying to come into his own in Kansas. And he holds a mirror up for ourselves. In many ways, Clark Kent's dilemma is the American dilemma. Wherever we're from, we all have this very strong desire for acceptance. When he's young, most of Clark Kent's efforts are directed toward being like everyone else. So the fact that he's not like everyone and never will be is very difficult for him to accept. And he's adopted too, which could be hard for a kid. I have four adopted children, so I know how that is."
"Batman vs Superman" is slated to release in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports