LG G3: Top 5 Reasons Why It's Worth Upgrading from LG G2 or LG Optimus G
By Ryan Inoyori | June 5, 2014 4:43 PM EST
LG G3 is official and may signify the moment to upgrade from LG G2 and LG Optimus G. For all its worth, here is the comparison on what will you get out of G3 after tossing away G2 or Optimus G based on features produced by LG Electronics.
Does It Have an Immersive Display?
Definitely yes! LG G3 boasts a 2K or QHD display resolution and 5.5 inches of screen display that delivers more immersive viewing than the 5.2 inches of G2 and the 4.7 inches of Optimus G. Moreover, its screen display is more resilient against scratches under the protection of the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
How Good Is the Performance?
Technically, LG G3 is slightly better in terms of performance compared with G2. G3 boasts 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 while G2 sports 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon. Optimus G E970 on the other hand, has been equipped with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm as well.
Although the upgrade between LG G3 and G2 processor cores are not that noticeable in most cases, G3 definitely tops Optimus G. In terms of multitasking, LG G3 32 GB variant features a RAM chipset 1 GB larger than G2 or Optimus G. It can handle more apps in the background without sacrificing user experience.
Are the Features Different?
First, LG G3 runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with automatic eligibility with Android 4.4.3 and the upcoming Android 4.5. While G2 is upgradable to Android 4.4.2, it may not get all the features exclusively made for G3.
LG has plans for other devices to be upgraded on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it may include Optimus G. However, you must consider the hardware capabilities of Optimus G that not all features you expect from G3 are portable to Optimus G.
LG G3 Highlights on Features:
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus Camera
- New Smart Keyboard
- Revamped and simplified user interface
- 1-Watt speaker with Boost Amp
- Wireless charging
- KNOCK code security implementation
- Smart Notice
- Sensible Indicator
How About Taking Pictures?
Both LG G3 and G2 feature Optical Image Stabilisation which is not available on Optimus G. Unlike G2, G3 sports an upgrade version called Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus, dual-LED and dual tone flash, and Laser Auto-Focus to capture moments vividly and more accurately.
Even if LG upgrades G2 and Optimus G to the latest Android version available, camera technology is limited to the installed hardware components on both smartphones.
Will It Last Longer?
Optimus G may not last longer under a battery endurance test using its 2100 mAh battery pack against the 3000 mAh battery pack of LG G3 and G2. In the case of the former and current flagship smartphone of LG, G3 has a unique side.
LG decided to revamp, redesign, simplify and optimise the user interface on G3 which was heavy and graphical on G2. Fewer graphic and more optimisation in theory can extend the battery life of a smartphone as the better user interface consumes fewer amounts of resources needed to run.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June