LG G3: Top 5 Reasons Why It's Worth Upgrading from LG G2 or LG Optimus G
By Ryan Inoyori | June 5, 2014 4:43 PM EST
LG G3 is official and may signify the moment to upgrade from LG G2 and LG Optimus G. For all its worth, here is the comparison on what will you get out of G3 after tossing away G2 or Optimus G based on features produced by LG Electronics.
Does It Have an Immersive Display?
Definitely yes! LG G3 boasts a 2K or QHD display resolution and 5.5 inches of screen display that delivers more immersive viewing than the 5.2 inches of G2 and the 4.7 inches of Optimus G. Moreover, its screen display is more resilient against scratches under the protection of the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
How Good Is the Performance?
Technically, LG G3 is slightly better in terms of performance compared with G2. G3 boasts 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 while G2 sports 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon. Optimus G E970 on the other hand, has been equipped with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm as well.
Although the upgrade between LG G3 and G2 processor cores are not that noticeable in most cases, G3 definitely tops Optimus G. In terms of multitasking, LG G3 32 GB variant features a RAM chipset 1 GB larger than G2 or Optimus G. It can handle more apps in the background without sacrificing user experience.
Are the Features Different?
First, LG G3 runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with automatic eligibility with Android 4.4.3 and the upcoming Android 4.5. While G2 is upgradable to Android 4.4.2, it may not get all the features exclusively made for G3.
LG has plans for other devices to be upgraded on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it may include Optimus G. However, you must consider the hardware capabilities of Optimus G that not all features you expect from G3 are portable to Optimus G.
LG G3 Highlights on Features:
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus Camera
- New Smart Keyboard
- Revamped and simplified user interface
- 1-Watt speaker with Boost Amp
- Wireless charging
- KNOCK code security implementation
- Smart Notice
- Sensible Indicator
How About Taking Pictures?
Both LG G3 and G2 feature Optical Image Stabilisation which is not available on Optimus G. Unlike G2, G3 sports an upgrade version called Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus, dual-LED and dual tone flash, and Laser Auto-Focus to capture moments vividly and more accurately.
Even if LG upgrades G2 and Optimus G to the latest Android version available, camera technology is limited to the installed hardware components on both smartphones.
Will It Last Longer?
Optimus G may not last longer under a battery endurance test using its 2100 mAh battery pack against the 3000 mAh battery pack of LG G3 and G2. In the case of the former and current flagship smartphone of LG, G3 has a unique side.
LG decided to revamp, redesign, simplify and optimise the user interface on G3 which was heavy and graphical on G2. Fewer graphic and more optimisation in theory can extend the battery life of a smartphone as the better user interface consumes fewer amounts of resources needed to run.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop