LG G3: Top 5 Reasons Why It's Worth Upgrading from LG G2 or LG Optimus G
By Ryan Inoyori | June 5, 2014 4:43 PM EST
LG G3 is official and may signify the moment to upgrade from LG G2 and LG Optimus G. For all its worth, here is the comparison on what will you get out of G3 after tossing away G2 or Optimus G based on features produced by LG Electronics.
Does It Have an Immersive Display?
Definitely yes! LG G3 boasts a 2K or QHD display resolution and 5.5 inches of screen display that delivers more immersive viewing than the 5.2 inches of G2 and the 4.7 inches of Optimus G. Moreover, its screen display is more resilient against scratches under the protection of the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
How Good Is the Performance?
Technically, LG G3 is slightly better in terms of performance compared with G2. G3 boasts 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 while G2 sports 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon. Optimus G E970 on the other hand, has been equipped with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm as well.
Although the upgrade between LG G3 and G2 processor cores are not that noticeable in most cases, G3 definitely tops Optimus G. In terms of multitasking, LG G3 32 GB variant features a RAM chipset 1 GB larger than G2 or Optimus G. It can handle more apps in the background without sacrificing user experience.
Are the Features Different?
First, LG G3 runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat with automatic eligibility with Android 4.4.3 and the upcoming Android 4.5. While G2 is upgradable to Android 4.4.2, it may not get all the features exclusively made for G3.
LG has plans for other devices to be upgraded on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it may include Optimus G. However, you must consider the hardware capabilities of Optimus G that not all features you expect from G3 are portable to Optimus G.
LG G3 Highlights on Features:
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus Camera
- New Smart Keyboard
- Revamped and simplified user interface
- 1-Watt speaker with Boost Amp
- Wireless charging
- KNOCK code security implementation
- Smart Notice
- Sensible Indicator
How About Taking Pictures?
Both LG G3 and G2 feature Optical Image Stabilisation which is not available on Optimus G. Unlike G2, G3 sports an upgrade version called Advanced Optical Image Stabilisation Plus, dual-LED and dual tone flash, and Laser Auto-Focus to capture moments vividly and more accurately.
Even if LG upgrades G2 and Optimus G to the latest Android version available, camera technology is limited to the installed hardware components on both smartphones.
Will It Last Longer?
Optimus G may not last longer under a battery endurance test using its 2100 mAh battery pack against the 3000 mAh battery pack of LG G3 and G2. In the case of the former and current flagship smartphone of LG, G3 has a unique side.
LG decided to revamp, redesign, simplify and optimise the user interface on G3 which was heavy and graphical on G2. Fewer graphic and more optimisation in theory can extend the battery life of a smartphone as the better user interface consumes fewer amounts of resources needed to run.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight