HTC Plans Premium Water-resistant ‘Plus’ And Plastic-backed ‘Advance’ One M8 Variants
By Naveena Joy | June 5, 2014 4:13 PM EST
Previous rumors indicated the Taiwan-based company is planning to launch a series of HTC smartphones later this year, which are HTC One (M8) Ace "Vogue Edition" and HTC One (M8) Prime. But the company has different plans.
Sources claimed the "Plus" will have a 13 MP camera with optical image stabilization but will be lacking the Duo Camera setup. The display size of the phone is unclear but it will be flaunting a 2K display with highest pixel count to date that is 2560 x 1440 resolution. They also suggested the display screen size will be smaller at about 5.2 inches. "Plus" will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and 3 GB RAM.
The next high-end device coming from HTC is the One (M8) "Advance." It will feature the same specifications as the "Plus," but instead of a metal body it will show a plastic design. The pricing of both the devices has not been revealed at the moment. But will be featuring with additional color options like its HTC predecessors. The availability of both "Plus" and "Advance" within the same markets is not sure. But both devices will be launched at the same time and "Advance" will be aimed at the Asian markets.
It is clear that both the devices will be launched before Apple's iPhone 6, citing its availability around August or early September. As the tradition goes, HTC will hold a press event to officially release these devices.
Recently, evleaks, the famous leaker had published M8 Prime, which has a full 360-degree feature. But the data provided do not match with the 'Plus' and 'Advance' devices, though there is a possibility that the leaked product could be the same device. It is invalid if coming to any conclusion, it is better if the company clarifies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?