HTC Plans Premium Water-resistant ‘Plus’ And Plastic-backed ‘Advance’ One M8 Variants
By Naveena Joy | June 5, 2014 4:13 PM EST
Previous rumors indicated the Taiwan-based company is planning to launch a series of HTC smartphones later this year, which are HTC One (M8) Ace "Vogue Edition" and HTC One (M8) Prime. But the company has different plans.
Sources claimed the "Plus" will have a 13 MP camera with optical image stabilization but will be lacking the Duo Camera setup. The display size of the phone is unclear but it will be flaunting a 2K display with highest pixel count to date that is 2560 x 1440 resolution. They also suggested the display screen size will be smaller at about 5.2 inches. "Plus" will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and 3 GB RAM.
The next high-end device coming from HTC is the One (M8) "Advance." It will feature the same specifications as the "Plus," but instead of a metal body it will show a plastic design. The pricing of both the devices has not been revealed at the moment. But will be featuring with additional color options like its HTC predecessors. The availability of both "Plus" and "Advance" within the same markets is not sure. But both devices will be launched at the same time and "Advance" will be aimed at the Asian markets.
It is clear that both the devices will be launched before Apple's iPhone 6, citing its availability around August or early September. As the tradition goes, HTC will hold a press event to officially release these devices.
Recently, evleaks, the famous leaker had published M8 Prime, which has a full 360-degree feature. But the data provided do not match with the 'Plus' and 'Advance' devices, though there is a possibility that the leaked product could be the same device. It is invalid if coming to any conclusion, it is better if the company clarifies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation