‘Game of Thrones’ Alternate Ending: Denial Version Sees Happy Ending From Oberyn and The Mountain Fight [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 5, 2014 3:47 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” fans are shocked over what transpired in the latest episode. But for those who didn’t get the memo, there’s apparently nothing to fear because a new “denial” version has hit the Internet, and it’s going viral.
Actor Peter Dinklage attends the \"X-Men: Days of Future Past\" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Spoiler ahead. Don’t read if you haven’t read the most recent episode yet.
On Sunday’s episode titled “The Mountain and the Viper,” the viewers were treated to a gruesome and perhaps unexpected death of Oberyn (Pedro Pascal) literally at the hands of Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane (Harpor Julius Bjournsson).
The two were engaged in a combat, with Oberyn championing Tyrion (Peter Dinklage). Despite a few misses, Oberyn was clearly getting the upper hand in the fight, but he was adamant to get The Mountain to confess to the rape and murder of his sister, Elia, and her two children.
After knocking his opponent to the ground with his spear, Oberyn circled The Mountain, forcing him to admit to the crime. But even with a near-fatal injury, The Mountain was still able to overpower Oberyn and gouge his eyes out with his hands. He confessed to the rape and murder while crushing Oberyn’s skull.
The horrific scene has left the viewers in shock, not only because of the gruesomeness of the death, but also because they were rooting for Oberyn to win since his win would also mean Tyrion’s freedom. And with Oberyn’s death, Tyrion was also sentenced to death for allegedly killing his nephew, Joffrey.
While the episode was well-received, the viewers were nonetheless disappointed with what happened.
This is where the fan-made video of Oberyn and The Mountain’s fight comes in.
The video titled “Oberyn vs Mountain (The Denial Version) was created and uploaded by YouTube user Ozzy Man on Wednesday, and has since garnered over 500k views.
In the clip, it was a happy ending, with Tywin (Charles Dance) screaming “freedom” at the end.
Instead of taking off his spear from The Mountain’s person, Oberyn confirmed the kill by repeatedly stabbing his adversary.
The video is complete with footage of a cheering crowd from a bar, and a lively musical score.
Reactions to the clip are largely positive, with commenters agreeing that HBO should have aired this denial video instead.
Watch the Denial Version here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best