‘Game of Thrones’ Alternate Ending: Denial Version Sees Happy Ending From Oberyn and The Mountain Fight [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 5, 2014 3:47 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” fans are shocked over what transpired in the latest episode. But for those who didn’t get the memo, there’s apparently nothing to fear because a new “denial” version has hit the Internet, and it’s going viral.
Actor Peter Dinklage attends the \"X-Men: Days of Future Past\" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Spoiler ahead. Don’t read if you haven’t read the most recent episode yet.
On Sunday’s episode titled “The Mountain and the Viper,” the viewers were treated to a gruesome and perhaps unexpected death of Oberyn (Pedro Pascal) literally at the hands of Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane (Harpor Julius Bjournsson).
The two were engaged in a combat, with Oberyn championing Tyrion (Peter Dinklage). Despite a few misses, Oberyn was clearly getting the upper hand in the fight, but he was adamant to get The Mountain to confess to the rape and murder of his sister, Elia, and her two children.
After knocking his opponent to the ground with his spear, Oberyn circled The Mountain, forcing him to admit to the crime. But even with a near-fatal injury, The Mountain was still able to overpower Oberyn and gouge his eyes out with his hands. He confessed to the rape and murder while crushing Oberyn’s skull.
The horrific scene has left the viewers in shock, not only because of the gruesomeness of the death, but also because they were rooting for Oberyn to win since his win would also mean Tyrion’s freedom. And with Oberyn’s death, Tyrion was also sentenced to death for allegedly killing his nephew, Joffrey.
While the episode was well-received, the viewers were nonetheless disappointed with what happened.
This is where the fan-made video of Oberyn and The Mountain’s fight comes in.
The video titled “Oberyn vs Mountain (The Denial Version) was created and uploaded by YouTube user Ozzy Man on Wednesday, and has since garnered over 500k views.
In the clip, it was a happy ending, with Tywin (Charles Dance) screaming “freedom” at the end.
Instead of taking off his spear from The Mountain’s person, Oberyn confirmed the kill by repeatedly stabbing his adversary.
The video is complete with footage of a cheering crowd from a bar, and a lively musical score.
Reactions to the clip are largely positive, with commenters agreeing that HBO should have aired this denial video instead.
Watch the Denial Version here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage