‘Game of Thrones’ Alternate Ending: Denial Version Sees Happy Ending From Oberyn and The Mountain Fight [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 5, 2014 3:47 PM EST
“Game of Thrones” fans are shocked over what transpired in the latest episode. But for those who didn’t get the memo, there’s apparently nothing to fear because a new “denial” version has hit the Internet, and it’s going viral.
Actor Peter Dinklage attends the \"X-Men: Days of Future Past\" world movie premiere in New York May 10, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
Spoiler ahead. Don’t read if you haven’t read the most recent episode yet.
On Sunday’s episode titled “The Mountain and the Viper,” the viewers were treated to a gruesome and perhaps unexpected death of Oberyn (Pedro Pascal) literally at the hands of Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane (Harpor Julius Bjournsson).
The two were engaged in a combat, with Oberyn championing Tyrion (Peter Dinklage). Despite a few misses, Oberyn was clearly getting the upper hand in the fight, but he was adamant to get The Mountain to confess to the rape and murder of his sister, Elia, and her two children.
After knocking his opponent to the ground with his spear, Oberyn circled The Mountain, forcing him to admit to the crime. But even with a near-fatal injury, The Mountain was still able to overpower Oberyn and gouge his eyes out with his hands. He confessed to the rape and murder while crushing Oberyn’s skull.
The horrific scene has left the viewers in shock, not only because of the gruesomeness of the death, but also because they were rooting for Oberyn to win since his win would also mean Tyrion’s freedom. And with Oberyn’s death, Tyrion was also sentenced to death for allegedly killing his nephew, Joffrey.
While the episode was well-received, the viewers were nonetheless disappointed with what happened.
This is where the fan-made video of Oberyn and The Mountain’s fight comes in.
The video titled “Oberyn vs Mountain (The Denial Version) was created and uploaded by YouTube user Ozzy Man on Wednesday, and has since garnered over 500k views.
In the clip, it was a happy ending, with Tywin (Charles Dance) screaming “freedom” at the end.
Instead of taking off his spear from The Mountain’s person, Oberyn confirmed the kill by repeatedly stabbing his adversary.
The video is complete with footage of a cheering crowd from a bar, and a lively musical score.
Reactions to the clip are largely positive, with commenters agreeing that HBO should have aired this denial video instead.
Watch the Denial Version here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air