Celebrities Who 'Fake Twitter Followers' Like Kendall Jenner And Katy Perry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 5, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Celebrities often have thousands of followers because of their popularity. But there are questions if all of these are real or simply made-up followers.
Kendall Jenner has bought millions of fake Twitter followers to ramp up her popularity on the social media, according to a new report. But Kendall is not the only one who's faking her way to the top of the list. Katy Perry and other celebrities are also doing this, according to Gizmodo.
Model Kendall Jenner arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kendall Jenner currently have 8.01 million followers in Twitter. But InTouch claimed these followers are fake, making her popularity a mere "illusion." To find out whether Kendall's Twitter followers are "real people," the entertainment publication reportedly run her account in statuspeople.com for a fake follower check. It was discovered that about 4.6 million of Kendall's followers are inactive, indicating the 18-year-old model may have paid for a service to increase her Twitter following.
"Kendall and her sisters have bought a good amount of their followers," a source told the publication. Kendall's famous sisters Kim, Khloé and Kourtney Kardashian are also enjoying massive Twitter popularity. Kim, who recently changed her name in the social media network to Kim Kardashian West after having been officially married to rapper Kanye West, currently boasts 21.4 million followers. Khloé Kardashian stands with 10.2 million while sister Kourtney has 11.8 million followers.
Some of the public figures who allegedly have fake followers are:
- Katy Perry - The "Teenage Dream" singer has 49 percent fake followers.
- Lady Gaga - "Love Game" songstress has 47 percent fake followers.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" singer 53 percent of her total followers as fake.
- Britney Spears - the former Disney star has 46 percent fake followers.
- Rihanna - The "We Found Love" singer who is constantly using twitter only has 34 percent real and active followers.
These are not the only celebrities who are reportedly using fake followers. Kendall is learning to make use of all her resources to boost her popularity, including getting fake followers. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the first one who was exposed to have fake followers as Justin Bieber made headlines in the previous year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build