Celebrities Who 'Fake Twitter Followers' Like Kendall Jenner And Katy Perry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 5, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Celebrities often have thousands of followers because of their popularity. But there are questions if all of these are real or simply made-up followers.
Kendall Jenner has bought millions of fake Twitter followers to ramp up her popularity on the social media, according to a new report. But Kendall is not the only one who's faking her way to the top of the list. Katy Perry and other celebrities are also doing this, according to Gizmodo.
Model Kendall Jenner arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kendall Jenner currently have 8.01 million followers in Twitter. But InTouch claimed these followers are fake, making her popularity a mere "illusion." To find out whether Kendall's Twitter followers are "real people," the entertainment publication reportedly run her account in statuspeople.com for a fake follower check. It was discovered that about 4.6 million of Kendall's followers are inactive, indicating the 18-year-old model may have paid for a service to increase her Twitter following.
"Kendall and her sisters have bought a good amount of their followers," a source told the publication. Kendall's famous sisters Kim, Khloé and Kourtney Kardashian are also enjoying massive Twitter popularity. Kim, who recently changed her name in the social media network to Kim Kardashian West after having been officially married to rapper Kanye West, currently boasts 21.4 million followers. Khloé Kardashian stands with 10.2 million while sister Kourtney has 11.8 million followers.
Some of the public figures who allegedly have fake followers are:
- Katy Perry - The "Teenage Dream" singer has 49 percent fake followers.
- Lady Gaga - "Love Game" songstress has 47 percent fake followers.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" singer 53 percent of her total followers as fake.
- Britney Spears - the former Disney star has 46 percent fake followers.
- Rihanna - The "We Found Love" singer who is constantly using twitter only has 34 percent real and active followers.
These are not the only celebrities who are reportedly using fake followers. Kendall is learning to make use of all her resources to boost her popularity, including getting fake followers. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the first one who was exposed to have fake followers as Justin Bieber made headlines in the previous year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks