Celebrities Who 'Fake Twitter Followers' Like Kendall Jenner And Katy Perry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 5, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Celebrities often have thousands of followers because of their popularity. But there are questions if all of these are real or simply made-up followers.
Kendall Jenner has bought millions of fake Twitter followers to ramp up her popularity on the social media, according to a new report. But Kendall is not the only one who's faking her way to the top of the list. Katy Perry and other celebrities are also doing this, according to Gizmodo.
Model Kendall Jenner arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kendall Jenner currently have 8.01 million followers in Twitter. But InTouch claimed these followers are fake, making her popularity a mere "illusion." To find out whether Kendall's Twitter followers are "real people," the entertainment publication reportedly run her account in statuspeople.com for a fake follower check. It was discovered that about 4.6 million of Kendall's followers are inactive, indicating the 18-year-old model may have paid for a service to increase her Twitter following.
"Kendall and her sisters have bought a good amount of their followers," a source told the publication. Kendall's famous sisters Kim, Khloé and Kourtney Kardashian are also enjoying massive Twitter popularity. Kim, who recently changed her name in the social media network to Kim Kardashian West after having been officially married to rapper Kanye West, currently boasts 21.4 million followers. Khloé Kardashian stands with 10.2 million while sister Kourtney has 11.8 million followers.
Some of the public figures who allegedly have fake followers are:
- Katy Perry - The "Teenage Dream" singer has 49 percent fake followers.
- Lady Gaga - "Love Game" songstress has 47 percent fake followers.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" singer 53 percent of her total followers as fake.
- Britney Spears - the former Disney star has 46 percent fake followers.
- Rihanna - The "We Found Love" singer who is constantly using twitter only has 34 percent real and active followers.
These are not the only celebrities who are reportedly using fake followers. Kendall is learning to make use of all her resources to boost her popularity, including getting fake followers. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the first one who was exposed to have fake followers as Justin Bieber made headlines in the previous year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’