Celebrities Who 'Fake Twitter Followers' Like Kendall Jenner And Katy Perry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 5, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Celebrities often have thousands of followers because of their popularity. But there are questions if all of these are real or simply made-up followers.
Kendall Jenner has bought millions of fake Twitter followers to ramp up her popularity on the social media, according to a new report. But Kendall is not the only one who's faking her way to the top of the list. Katy Perry and other celebrities are also doing this, according to Gizmodo.
Model Kendall Jenner arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kendall Jenner currently have 8.01 million followers in Twitter. But InTouch claimed these followers are fake, making her popularity a mere "illusion." To find out whether Kendall's Twitter followers are "real people," the entertainment publication reportedly run her account in statuspeople.com for a fake follower check. It was discovered that about 4.6 million of Kendall's followers are inactive, indicating the 18-year-old model may have paid for a service to increase her Twitter following.
"Kendall and her sisters have bought a good amount of their followers," a source told the publication. Kendall's famous sisters Kim, Khloé and Kourtney Kardashian are also enjoying massive Twitter popularity. Kim, who recently changed her name in the social media network to Kim Kardashian West after having been officially married to rapper Kanye West, currently boasts 21.4 million followers. Khloé Kardashian stands with 10.2 million while sister Kourtney has 11.8 million followers.
Some of the public figures who allegedly have fake followers are:
- Katy Perry - The "Teenage Dream" singer has 49 percent fake followers.
- Lady Gaga - "Love Game" songstress has 47 percent fake followers.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" singer 53 percent of her total followers as fake.
- Britney Spears - the former Disney star has 46 percent fake followers.
- Rihanna - The "We Found Love" singer who is constantly using twitter only has 34 percent real and active followers.
These are not the only celebrities who are reportedly using fake followers. Kendall is learning to make use of all her resources to boost her popularity, including getting fake followers. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the first one who was exposed to have fake followers as Justin Bieber made headlines in the previous year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown