Celebrities Who 'Fake Twitter Followers' Like Kendall Jenner And Katy Perry
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 5, 2014 3:44 PM EST
Celebrities often have thousands of followers because of their popularity. But there are questions if all of these are real or simply made-up followers.
Kendall Jenner has bought millions of fake Twitter followers to ramp up her popularity on the social media, according to a new report. But Kendall is not the only one who's faking her way to the top of the list. Katy Perry and other celebrities are also doing this, according to Gizmodo.
Model Kendall Jenner arrives at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/L.E. Baskow
Kendall Jenner currently have 8.01 million followers in Twitter. But InTouch claimed these followers are fake, making her popularity a mere "illusion." To find out whether Kendall's Twitter followers are "real people," the entertainment publication reportedly run her account in statuspeople.com for a fake follower check. It was discovered that about 4.6 million of Kendall's followers are inactive, indicating the 18-year-old model may have paid for a service to increase her Twitter following.
"Kendall and her sisters have bought a good amount of their followers," a source told the publication. Kendall's famous sisters Kim, Khloé and Kourtney Kardashian are also enjoying massive Twitter popularity. Kim, who recently changed her name in the social media network to Kim Kardashian West after having been officially married to rapper Kanye West, currently boasts 21.4 million followers. Khloé Kardashian stands with 10.2 million while sister Kourtney has 11.8 million followers.
Some of the public figures who allegedly have fake followers are:
- Katy Perry - The "Teenage Dream" singer has 49 percent fake followers.
- Lady Gaga - "Love Game" songstress has 47 percent fake followers.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" singer 53 percent of her total followers as fake.
- Britney Spears - the former Disney star has 46 percent fake followers.
- Rihanna - The "We Found Love" singer who is constantly using twitter only has 34 percent real and active followers.
These are not the only celebrities who are reportedly using fake followers. Kendall is learning to make use of all her resources to boost her popularity, including getting fake followers. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the first one who was exposed to have fake followers as Justin Bieber made headlines in the previous year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery