Sofia Vergara Moves on From Nick Loeb Breakup, Plans Second Baby Through Surrogacy
By Annie Dee | June 5, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Even though Sofia Vergara and Nick Loeb's engagement is off and the couple had split up, Sofia Vergara is not letting this ruin her dreams of becoming a mother for a second time. Her split by Nick Loeb's may be a bad one, but according to Radar Online, Sofia Vergara cannot see any reason for this to hamper her plans for a second baby. The website is reporting that the actress had her eggs frozen and is planning to have the baby through surrogacy.
Actress Sofia Vergara arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Vergara thinks being a mom to a second baby will be great because she is already mature and more capable of handling a baby, compared to the time when she gave birth to first child, Manolo. "Sofia already took fertility injections and had her eggs frozen in preparation. When Manolo was born, she was too young and scared to relax and enjoy being a mom. Now she's mature and successful enough to really appreciate the experience," Radar Online reports.
"Sofia has a very close friend who knew how much she wanted to be a second-time mom, so she's volunteered to carry the child."
Vergara wanting another baby is no secret. "My doctor had told me, 'We have a small window,'" she shared last year. "I don't want to wait forever," she added.
As Radar Online recently reported, Vergara and Loeb broke up last month. Vergara herself confirmed on a statement on her WhoSay page:
"Not that anyone should care, but in order to not give the press the chance to invent crazy and hurtful drama, I prefer to tell my fans personally that Nick and I have decided to be apart," she wrote.
"We have been having too many problems with figuring out how to spend time together and because of my work and now his, it's been getting worse and worse, not fun anymore. We are still very close but we believe it's the best thing for us right now."
Sofia Vergara may not be having Nick's child any time soon or forever, but she definitely envisions having one as soon as possible. Being a single parent is not an issue for her, at all.
"It's obvious she won't be having a baby with Nick, but Sofia has always been a fighter," the source further elucidated. "She's not about to let being a single parent stop her quest to be a mom."
"Sofia has a lot of support from her family," the insider said. "They will always be there for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine