Sofia Vergara Moves on From Nick Loeb Breakup, Plans Second Baby Through Surrogacy
By Annie Dee | June 5, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Even though Sofia Vergara and Nick Loeb's engagement is off and the couple had split up, Sofia Vergara is not letting this ruin her dreams of becoming a mother for a second time. Her split by Nick Loeb's may be a bad one, but according to Radar Online, Sofia Vergara cannot see any reason for this to hamper her plans for a second baby. The website is reporting that the actress had her eggs frozen and is planning to have the baby through surrogacy.
Actress Sofia Vergara arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Vergara thinks being a mom to a second baby will be great because she is already mature and more capable of handling a baby, compared to the time when she gave birth to first child, Manolo. "Sofia already took fertility injections and had her eggs frozen in preparation. When Manolo was born, she was too young and scared to relax and enjoy being a mom. Now she's mature and successful enough to really appreciate the experience," Radar Online reports.
"Sofia has a very close friend who knew how much she wanted to be a second-time mom, so she's volunteered to carry the child."
Vergara wanting another baby is no secret. "My doctor had told me, 'We have a small window,'" she shared last year. "I don't want to wait forever," she added.
As Radar Online recently reported, Vergara and Loeb broke up last month. Vergara herself confirmed on a statement on her WhoSay page:
"Not that anyone should care, but in order to not give the press the chance to invent crazy and hurtful drama, I prefer to tell my fans personally that Nick and I have decided to be apart," she wrote.
"We have been having too many problems with figuring out how to spend time together and because of my work and now his, it's been getting worse and worse, not fun anymore. We are still very close but we believe it's the best thing for us right now."
Sofia Vergara may not be having Nick's child any time soon or forever, but she definitely envisions having one as soon as possible. Being a single parent is not an issue for her, at all.
"It's obvious she won't be having a baby with Nick, but Sofia has always been a fighter," the source further elucidated. "She's not about to let being a single parent stop her quest to be a mom."
"Sofia has a lot of support from her family," the insider said. "They will always be there for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal