Sofia Vergara Moves on From Nick Loeb Breakup, Plans Second Baby Through Surrogacy
By Annie Dee | June 5, 2014 3:34 PM EST
Even though Sofia Vergara and Nick Loeb's engagement is off and the couple had split up, Sofia Vergara is not letting this ruin her dreams of becoming a mother for a second time. Her split by Nick Loeb's may be a bad one, but according to Radar Online, Sofia Vergara cannot see any reason for this to hamper her plans for a second baby. The website is reporting that the actress had her eggs frozen and is planning to have the baby through surrogacy.
Actress Sofia Vergara arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Vergara thinks being a mom to a second baby will be great because she is already mature and more capable of handling a baby, compared to the time when she gave birth to first child, Manolo. "Sofia already took fertility injections and had her eggs frozen in preparation. When Manolo was born, she was too young and scared to relax and enjoy being a mom. Now she's mature and successful enough to really appreciate the experience," Radar Online reports.
"Sofia has a very close friend who knew how much she wanted to be a second-time mom, so she's volunteered to carry the child."
Vergara wanting another baby is no secret. "My doctor had told me, 'We have a small window,'" she shared last year. "I don't want to wait forever," she added.
As Radar Online recently reported, Vergara and Loeb broke up last month. Vergara herself confirmed on a statement on her WhoSay page:
"Not that anyone should care, but in order to not give the press the chance to invent crazy and hurtful drama, I prefer to tell my fans personally that Nick and I have decided to be apart," she wrote.
"We have been having too many problems with figuring out how to spend time together and because of my work and now his, it's been getting worse and worse, not fun anymore. We are still very close but we believe it's the best thing for us right now."
Sofia Vergara may not be having Nick's child any time soon or forever, but she definitely envisions having one as soon as possible. Being a single parent is not an issue for her, at all.
"It's obvious she won't be having a baby with Nick, but Sofia has always been a fighter," the source further elucidated. "She's not about to let being a single parent stop her quest to be a mom."
"Sofia has a lot of support from her family," the insider said. "They will always be there for her."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid