Apple Unwraps Safari Browser Enhancements at WWDC 2014, Six Things You Need to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 5, 2014 3:22 PM EST
Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook and Senior Vice President of Software Engineering Craig Federighi revealed Safari browser enhancements among other things during the keynote address of the 25th Worldwide Development Conference (WWDC) held at Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco, California.
Here are six things mentioned during the keynote address about Safari that you need to know:
Smart Search Field
According to Apple SVP Federighi, Safari's smart search field contains all of the user's favorite Web sites. Apart from providing more space for contents with just one single bar, the smart search field also contains smart suggestions and spotlight suggestions on the completion menu which allows users to make searches at a faster rate than before.
More Powerful for Sharing
Apple mentioned that Safari now comes with a small tab which when clicked would show "@subscribe in shared links." This feature allows users who subscribe to RSS feed on the site to see all RSS feed articles under shared links. The browser also keeps a list of people who are most recently sent with message and allows users to share the Web page with just one click thereby allowing quicker sharing of articles.
The company also mentioned the presence of a Tabs view which gives the users with a bird's eye glance of all the tabs in the Safari browser. Each Web site will come with an individual tab stacked together so users of the Safari browser will be able to easily locate the specific Web page.
Apple mentioned that it is the first company to introduce private browsing wherein a user can create a new private window. All the contents within the window and all its tabs remain private without affecting all the other windows using the Safari browser.
Adherence to Standards
To watch the presentation and demo on Safari at the WWDC 2014 keynote address, visit the company Web site by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]