iPhones Become Cheap Brand vs $10,000 Luxury Smartphone - the Signature Touch from Vertu
By Athena Yenko | June 5, 2014 12:21 PM EST
Vertu prides itself as a "luxury company which happens to produce mobile phones."
Vertu's Signature Touch model comes with luxury features and services. One such lavishness is the 24-hour worldwide Concierge service accessible from the handset's Vertu Key. Through Concierge, users are personally assisted with recommendations and priority bookings. Concierge assists users' every request "from finding the perfect gift to accessing money-can't-buy events."
The luxury smartphone also comes with Vertu Life service that sends out invitation-only events to exclusive parties and closed-door shopping opportunities of high-end fashion brands. All privileges that come with the phone are personally tailored.
Each handset model that Vertu creates is fashioned with tactile materials, outstanding engineering and hand craftsmanship, the company boasts of in its web site.
Each phone is handmade in England by a single craftsman in order to ensure that high standards will not be compromised - as compared to factory and mass produced handsets from other companies.
Vertu boasts that it pioneered the use of Sapphire Crystal screen as "diamond is the only material strong enough to cut, grind or polish" that render a scratch proof 4.7 inch full screen and delivers crystal clear viewing experience to the users.
The lavishness goes as far as ringtones performed by the London Symphony Orchestra and Bang & Olufson and Dolby Laboratories taking care of the phone's audio performance.
Qualcomm Snapdragon processor chip and Google's Android 4.4 (KitKat) were partners for Vertu's software.
Max Pogliani, CEO of Vertu, said the Signature Touch is more than meets the eye.
"It really depends on how you look at it, because especially today a mobile phone is something which is with you day and night. It's something very personal and the intensity of usage in these two to three years is large compared to other luxury items. If you take a nice bottle of Chateau Lafite you can have it finished in one hour and the price could be the same," Pogliani said in an interview with CNBC.
The Signature Touch may be available soon at Vertu's Australian stores - LK Jewellers in Melbourne and Sydney and Vertu Boutique - Castlereagh Street also in Sydney.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones
- BlackBerry Offers $600 To Lure iPhone Owners To Switch To Passport Phone
- #Bendgate Fails To Dent As Apple’s Market Value Reaches $700 Billion
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid