2014 French Open Update: Petkovic, Halep Win in Quarterfinals [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 5, 2014 4:42 AM EST
Fourth seed Simona Halep of Romania played true to form and held off the challenge of 27th seed Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia to win in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 while 10th seed Sara Errani couldn't do the same falling to 28th seed Andrea Petkovic of Germany via the same scoreline in the quarterfinal round of the women's singles competition in the 2014 French Open.
Andrea Petkovic of Germany returns the ball to Sara Errani of Italy during their women's quarter-final match at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 4, 2014.
The separate victories complete the final four cast in the clay court championship in Paris. Halep will meet Petkovic while 7th seed Maria Sharapova (Russia) faces 18th seed Eugenie Bouchard (Canada) in the semifinals of this Grand Slam.
View the slide show for more images from the Halep-Kuznetsova and Errani-Petkovic quarterfinal matches at Roland Garros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced