2014 French Open Update: Petkovic, Halep Win in Quarterfinals [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 5, 2014 4:42 AM EST
Fourth seed Simona Halep of Romania played true to form and held off the challenge of 27th seed Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia to win in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 while 10th seed Sara Errani couldn't do the same falling to 28th seed Andrea Petkovic of Germany via the same scoreline in the quarterfinal round of the women's singles competition in the 2014 French Open.
Andrea Petkovic of Germany returns the ball to Sara Errani of Italy during their women's quarter-final match at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 4, 2014.
The separate victories complete the final four cast in the clay court championship in Paris. Halep will meet Petkovic while 7th seed Maria Sharapova (Russia) faces 18th seed Eugenie Bouchard (Canada) in the semifinals of this Grand Slam.
View the slide show for more images from the Halep-Kuznetsova and Errani-Petkovic quarterfinal matches at Roland Garros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch