2014 French Open Update: Petkovic, Halep Win in Quarterfinals [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 5, 2014 4:42 AM EST
Fourth seed Simona Halep of Romania played true to form and held off the challenge of 27th seed Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia to win in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 while 10th seed Sara Errani couldn't do the same falling to 28th seed Andrea Petkovic of Germany via the same scoreline in the quarterfinal round of the women's singles competition in the 2014 French Open.
Andrea Petkovic of Germany returns the ball to Sara Errani of Italy during their women's quarter-final match at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 4, 2014.
The separate victories complete the final four cast in the clay court championship in Paris. Halep will meet Petkovic while 7th seed Maria Sharapova (Russia) faces 18th seed Eugenie Bouchard (Canada) in the semifinals of this Grand Slam.
View the slide show for more images from the Halep-Kuznetsova and Errani-Petkovic quarterfinal matches at Roland Garros.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects