iPhone 6 Release Date, Specs Rumours; iOS8 in 5 Reasons to Wait for New Apple Flagship Phone
By Arlene Paredes | June 5, 2014 12:13 AM EST
The Apple iPhone 6 release date is likely to fall around the last quarter of the year, says various reports online. However, the Cupertino-based company did not confirm the rumours in its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) keynote address. The rumoured specs suggest at least five good reasons to wait for the new Apple flagship smartphone, including the positively anticipated iOS 8.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
Many Apple iPhone fans have been used to following the rumours about the company's latest devices. There have been many hits and misses in the iPhone rumours history. Still, the hits alone encourage the users to look for more speculations. Now the iOS 8 release date in the fall is widely perceived as a sign of the iPhone 6 release date in the same period.
iPhone 6 Release Date: Five Reasons (Rumoured Specs) To Wait For It
1. iOS 8. Over the years, Apple iPhone users have developed a constantly growing wishlist on iOS improvements. Whenever the company releases an update, there is always a combo of whines and acclaims. The general feedback on iOS 8 seems to be very positive at this point.
2. iPhone 6, iPhablet? There are rumours that the Apple iPhone 6 will come in two variations. Buyers would reportedly choose from a 4.7-inch phone and a 5.5-inch phablet. Some Apple users are now considering being part of the first batch of Apple phablet users. (The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 5.7-in Full HD Super AMOLED, 388 ppi.)
3. More powerful camera phone. #Phonetography is a popular tag on Twitter and Instagram, thanks to camera phone enthusiasts. Many hobbyists are already happy with the 8MP capability of the Apple iPhone 5S. An upgrade can only make #phonetography even more fun.
4. Faster, better. A new phone tends to be faster. But over time, users would want greater processing speed. The Apple iPhone 6 would reportedly run on a new A8 64-bit processor. (The iPhone 5S is powered by A7 with M7 motion coprocessor.)
5. LTE, NFC. The iPhone 5S on LTE is already a sweet device for many Apple users. An upgrade would be much appreciated -- especially if this time, the new Apple phone will finally allow users to enjoy NFC.
Apple iPhone users wait for the next big phone for various reasons. Above are only five of the many anticipated features that are expected to be announced on the iPhone 6 release date - reportedly happening in the fall.
More Tech Features
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2