Rihanna's CFDA Sheer Silver Dress Made Her a Fashion Icon Winner: Five Facts About the Dress [PHOTOS]
June 4, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Rihanna's CFDA Sheer Silver Dress Made Her a Fashion Icon Winner: Five Facts About the Dress
Rihanna is known for her unbelievable style in fashion and the singer is also not afraid to show some skin as the she steals the night in the Council of Fashion Designers of America's Style Icon Award. The CFDA Awards dress that Rihanna wore was even more revealing than her iHeart Radio dress. The stylist of RiRi, Mel Ottenberg, even told Style.com that he was not prepared for the daring look of the 26-year-old singer.
The dress that caused everyone to turn their heads to the Barbadian artist was made by Adam Selman, the boyfriend of RiRi's stylist. Rihanna was one of the winners in the CFDA as she took home the Fashion Icon Award. True to her award, the trendsetter is not afraid to bare it all for the sake of fashion.
Here are five facts about Rihanna's glamorous attire that night:
- More than 230,000 Swarovski crystals were in the dress and it was a work of art. The scandalous dress was to Rihanna's liking as she was also wearing an all lace dress in the last music award she attended.
- At least 8 people laboured to finish the dress.
- Selman and Ottenberg both worked on the design for the dress a month before the said event.
- The do-rag was RiRi's idea and the pink Pologeorgis fur sole added to the je ne sais quoi of the dress.
- The look was completed with a pair of Manolo Blahnik heels, Paul Morelli ring and earings, and a pinky ring from Jacob.
However, even though she seems confident with her body and her overall look in the CFDA, RiRi never left the venue in the said gown but in a more decent dress.
It is indeed a night for the "Diamonds" singer since she is covered by dazzling Swarovski crystals. E Online was able to ask the singer regarding her dress and she answered "Does my t-ts bother you? They're covered in Swarovski crystals." Clearly, the nearly naked dress is not something shocking for Drake's former girl.
Many fashion critics and fans of Rihanna are surprised by the dress but they are now looking forward to more show-stopper fashion choices from the Fashion Icon winner.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet