Flights to Bali from Australia Resume as Ash Plume Disperses
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 4, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Indonesia's Mount Sangeang Api continues to spew ash clouds, but it had dissipated to levels considered safe for planes. According to Kristianto of the Eastern Indonesian division of the geological agency, Sangean Api spewed white ash to heights of one kilometre on Monday.
A Qantas plane A380 takes off from Kingsford Smith International airport in Sydney. (Reuters)
On the same day, flag carrier Qantas announced it resumed flights to Denpasar Airport, the same with Virgin Australia, Air Asia and Jetstar, said Darwin International Airport spokeswoman Virginia Sanders.
Jetstar cancelled two flights out of Perth for Denpasar on Tuesday morning, but rescheduled the flights later in the day. Sanders said some changes may still take place. She urged passengers bound for Bali to check with their respective air carriers.
"Flights are coming back on line but there are some scheduled changes so people still need to check with the airline with regards to what's happening with their particular flight," Sanders said.
However, Indonesian authorities warned that the volcano still has the potential to disrupt air travel in the coming days. Tremors had been decreasing, but the danger is still there as the agency recorded shallow volcanic earthquakes and surface event earthquakes, Kristianto added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia