Flights to Bali from Australia Resume as Ash Plume Disperses
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 4, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Indonesia's Mount Sangeang Api continues to spew ash clouds, but it had dissipated to levels considered safe for planes. According to Kristianto of the Eastern Indonesian division of the geological agency, Sangean Api spewed white ash to heights of one kilometre on Monday.
A Qantas plane A380 takes off from Kingsford Smith International airport in Sydney. (Reuters)
On the same day, flag carrier Qantas announced it resumed flights to Denpasar Airport, the same with Virgin Australia, Air Asia and Jetstar, said Darwin International Airport spokeswoman Virginia Sanders.
Jetstar cancelled two flights out of Perth for Denpasar on Tuesday morning, but rescheduled the flights later in the day. Sanders said some changes may still take place. She urged passengers bound for Bali to check with their respective air carriers.
"Flights are coming back on line but there are some scheduled changes so people still need to check with the airline with regards to what's happening with their particular flight," Sanders said.
However, Indonesian authorities warned that the volcano still has the potential to disrupt air travel in the coming days. Tremors had been decreasing, but the danger is still there as the agency recorded shallow volcanic earthquakes and surface event earthquakes, Kristianto added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- South Australia OKs $800M Copper, Gold & Iron Ore Mine on Prime Agri Land in Yorke Peninsula
- Australian Stock Market Report –Midday July 30, 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Long Beach Real Estate Market Is Pricing Out Home Buyers with Limited Budget
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon July 30, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date