Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Price and Specs Comparison in Australia
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 4, 2014 1:15 PM EST
No sooner than Samsung Galaxy Note 3 hit the market in September 2013, words have spread over the internet about the possibility of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to arrive in September 2014. So how will Samsung's fourth generation of phablet fare with its predecessor when it will reach the Australian shores?
According to Whistleout, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is priced at $400 in Australia while The Galaxy Note 4 Web site stated that the gadget will cost around US$750 or $810 in Australia. Given the double increase in price, users can already buy two Galaxy Note 3 devices for the price of one Galaxy Note 4.
While the screen sizes of the two phones remain the same at 5.7 inches, Galaxy Note 4 has made major improvements in the display resolution. From the 1920 x 1080 pixels in Galaxy Note 3, it will reportedly become 3480 x 2160 pixels in Galaxy Note 4 according to the data gathered from various Web sites. For normal users, the pixels will not easily be obvious but once they view a picture or data from the display screen, the clarity of information will be easily distinguishable.
Samsung is also geared toward improving the processor of its fourth generation phablet. According to the company Web site, Galaxy Note 3 has 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor for LTE and 1.9 GHz Octa Core Processor ( A15 1.9 GHz + A7 1.3 GHz) for 3G. It has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB user memory which is expandable to 64 GB through the microSD slot. Meanwhile, several Web sites have already confirmed that Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will have either the Octa-core or big LITTLE 16-core processor on Exynos 64-bit chipset running on 4 GB of RAM. It will reportedly have 128 GB built in storage memory.
There will also be further improvements on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 camera from its predecessor. The impressive 13-megapixel camera in Galaxy Note 3 is reportedly powered up to 20.7-megapixel camera in Galaxy Note 4. Hopefully, the fourth generation phablet will also have additional enhancements on the various camera modes like drama shot, best photo, best face and others which are already present in Samsung's third generation gadget.
While Samsung's company Web site mentioned Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as the operating system for Galaxy Note 3, the Galaxy Note 4 Web site mentioned that the next generation phablet will possibly sport Android 4.5 Lollipop, the newest version of Android platform. However, this specification is not yet confirmed so there is a possibility that this might still be changed.
According to Samsung's company Web site, Galaxy Note 3 has S Pen optimized features and other notable features like Group Play, Story Album, S Translator, Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View, Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, and ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling). It also has Samsung WatchON, S VoiceTM Hands Free, S Health, Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly), Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring, and Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX.
Many Samsung users hope these features will still be available in the upcoming Galaxy Note 4. Apart from these, the Galaxy Note 4 Web site also mentioned about Aqua Capture, Smart Fingerprint, Motion Launcher, and Multi Network for Booster which will reportedly be present in the fourth generation phablet.
Given the price and specs information above, users in Australia may opt to stay with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or go with Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 New Release Imminent as Apple Enters Mid-August Production with New 24-Karat Gold iPhone 6
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects