‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’ [PHOTOS]
June 4, 2014 10:40 AM EST
‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’
Currently dominating the box office today, "Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie hints that she might take her Hollywood royal exit after she is done with "Cleopatra." On her latest interview with BBC posted in TIME, the actress revealed that she will play the iconic role which could serve as her last performance in the big screen.
"There's been lots of different ideas of directors and lots of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," she told BBC when she stopped and confirmed her involvement with the upcoming film.
"She's complicated, it's complicated to get this one right. I think we're getting there. It's getting close," she added. "I imagine the preparation for it is going to be big. It's one of those that you think maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it, that's where you finish-in a great way. What could you do beyond that one?"
Hailed as Hollywood's highest paid actress of 2013, Angelina Jolie has proven her star factor once again in her latest Disney movie "Maleficent" that features "Snow White's" evil witch point of view in the classic fairy tale story. With an opening credit of $70 million in the U.S. alone, the dark fairy tale movie earned a whopping $170 million internationally.
Bigger than her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Wanted" success, the "Maleficent" star does not only played lead in the movie but also the film's executive producer.
'Maleficent's" success is a perfect birthday gift to the actress who will turn 39 on June 4. Although she failed to follow-up her Oscar success after winning in her 1999 movie "Girl Interrupted," Jolie is one of Hollywood's most desirable actress and highly-acclaimed director who never fails to draw in the crowd.
Although the movie received mix reviews, the common denominator of most of the reviews is Angelina's outstanding performance as Maleficent, a fairy who vowed to seek revenge after her wings were taken from her.
"If nothing else, Maleficent serves as a perfect example of why Jolie is one of the most in-demand actors on the planet," according to a movie review by Zaki Hasan posted on Huffington Post. "Jolie gives both Maleficent the character and Maleficent the film the kind of layers and texture that may seem unnecessary -- or even unwelcome -- to anyone who feels loyal to the Sleeping Beauty version of the story, but taken on their own make for an engaging experience that's visually rich and emotionally resonant."
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales