‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’ [PHOTOS]
June 4, 2014 10:40 AM EST
‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’
Currently dominating the box office today, "Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie hints that she might take her Hollywood royal exit after she is done with "Cleopatra." On her latest interview with BBC posted in TIME, the actress revealed that she will play the iconic role which could serve as her last performance in the big screen.
"There's been lots of different ideas of directors and lots of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," she told BBC when she stopped and confirmed her involvement with the upcoming film.
"She's complicated, it's complicated to get this one right. I think we're getting there. It's getting close," she added. "I imagine the preparation for it is going to be big. It's one of those that you think maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it, that's where you finish-in a great way. What could you do beyond that one?"
Hailed as Hollywood's highest paid actress of 2013, Angelina Jolie has proven her star factor once again in her latest Disney movie "Maleficent" that features "Snow White's" evil witch point of view in the classic fairy tale story. With an opening credit of $70 million in the U.S. alone, the dark fairy tale movie earned a whopping $170 million internationally.
Bigger than her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Wanted" success, the "Maleficent" star does not only played lead in the movie but also the film's executive producer.
'Maleficent's" success is a perfect birthday gift to the actress who will turn 39 on June 4. Although she failed to follow-up her Oscar success after winning in her 1999 movie "Girl Interrupted," Jolie is one of Hollywood's most desirable actress and highly-acclaimed director who never fails to draw in the crowd.
Although the movie received mix reviews, the common denominator of most of the reviews is Angelina's outstanding performance as Maleficent, a fairy who vowed to seek revenge after her wings were taken from her.
"If nothing else, Maleficent serves as a perfect example of why Jolie is one of the most in-demand actors on the planet," according to a movie review by Zaki Hasan posted on Huffington Post. "Jolie gives both Maleficent the character and Maleficent the film the kind of layers and texture that may seem unnecessary -- or even unwelcome -- to anyone who feels loyal to the Sleeping Beauty version of the story, but taken on their own make for an engaging experience that's visually rich and emotionally resonant."
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change