‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’ [PHOTOS]
June 4, 2014 10:40 AM EST
‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’
Currently dominating the box office today, "Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie hints that she might take her Hollywood royal exit after she is done with "Cleopatra." On her latest interview with BBC posted in TIME, the actress revealed that she will play the iconic role which could serve as her last performance in the big screen.
"There's been lots of different ideas of directors and lots of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," she told BBC when she stopped and confirmed her involvement with the upcoming film.
"She's complicated, it's complicated to get this one right. I think we're getting there. It's getting close," she added. "I imagine the preparation for it is going to be big. It's one of those that you think maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it, that's where you finish-in a great way. What could you do beyond that one?"
Hailed as Hollywood's highest paid actress of 2013, Angelina Jolie has proven her star factor once again in her latest Disney movie "Maleficent" that features "Snow White's" evil witch point of view in the classic fairy tale story. With an opening credit of $70 million in the U.S. alone, the dark fairy tale movie earned a whopping $170 million internationally.
Bigger than her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Wanted" success, the "Maleficent" star does not only played lead in the movie but also the film's executive producer.
'Maleficent's" success is a perfect birthday gift to the actress who will turn 39 on June 4. Although she failed to follow-up her Oscar success after winning in her 1999 movie "Girl Interrupted," Jolie is one of Hollywood's most desirable actress and highly-acclaimed director who never fails to draw in the crowd.
Although the movie received mix reviews, the common denominator of most of the reviews is Angelina's outstanding performance as Maleficent, a fairy who vowed to seek revenge after her wings were taken from her.
"If nothing else, Maleficent serves as a perfect example of why Jolie is one of the most in-demand actors on the planet," according to a movie review by Zaki Hasan posted on Huffington Post. "Jolie gives both Maleficent the character and Maleficent the film the kind of layers and texture that may seem unnecessary -- or even unwelcome -- to anyone who feels loyal to the Sleeping Beauty version of the story, but taken on their own make for an engaging experience that's visually rich and emotionally resonant."
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying