‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’ [PHOTOS]
June 4, 2014 10:40 AM EST
‘Maleficent’ Angelina Jolie Hints She Might Retire after Playing Iconic Role as ‘Cleopatra’
Currently dominating the box office today, "Maleficent" star Angelina Jolie hints that she might take her Hollywood royal exit after she is done with "Cleopatra." On her latest interview with BBC posted in TIME, the actress revealed that she will play the iconic role which could serve as her last performance in the big screen.
"There's been lots of different ideas of directors and lots of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," she told BBC when she stopped and confirmed her involvement with the upcoming film.
"She's complicated, it's complicated to get this one right. I think we're getting there. It's getting close," she added. "I imagine the preparation for it is going to be big. It's one of those that you think maybe that's the one you put everything into and that's where you end it, that's where you finish-in a great way. What could you do beyond that one?"
Hailed as Hollywood's highest paid actress of 2013, Angelina Jolie has proven her star factor once again in her latest Disney movie "Maleficent" that features "Snow White's" evil witch point of view in the classic fairy tale story. With an opening credit of $70 million in the U.S. alone, the dark fairy tale movie earned a whopping $170 million internationally.
Bigger than her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "The Wanted" success, the "Maleficent" star does not only played lead in the movie but also the film's executive producer.
'Maleficent's" success is a perfect birthday gift to the actress who will turn 39 on June 4. Although she failed to follow-up her Oscar success after winning in her 1999 movie "Girl Interrupted," Jolie is one of Hollywood's most desirable actress and highly-acclaimed director who never fails to draw in the crowd.
Although the movie received mix reviews, the common denominator of most of the reviews is Angelina's outstanding performance as Maleficent, a fairy who vowed to seek revenge after her wings were taken from her.
"If nothing else, Maleficent serves as a perfect example of why Jolie is one of the most in-demand actors on the planet," according to a movie review by Zaki Hasan posted on Huffington Post. "Jolie gives both Maleficent the character and Maleficent the film the kind of layers and texture that may seem unnecessary -- or even unwelcome -- to anyone who feels loyal to the Sleeping Beauty version of the story, but taken on their own make for an engaging experience that's visually rich and emotionally resonant."
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS