How to Download iOS 8 Beta [Download Links]
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 4, 2014 10:00 AM EST
Apple recently unveiled the iOS 8 at the WWDC 2014 keynote and it was revealed during the event that the first beta version of the OS will be released for developers. Now, the iOS 8 beta 1 is available for download and installation for developers and users of devices that are UDID registered by a developer.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
How to register for Apple Developer's Account and Download the iOS 8 Beta 1
1. Visit Apple Web site and purchase a developers account, which costs $99 annually.
2. Authenticate your device by registering it in the iOS Development Centre.
3. Back up files on iTunes just in case your device crashes.
4. Download and install the iOS 8 beta.
6. Check "Downloads" folder for the installation file, which should be ".ipsw."
Warning: Bear in mind that testing a beta version of an OS software can cause crashes and bricking of the device thus, you might opt to use an alternate device and not your personal or main device.
Here is a full set of iOS 8 beta direct download links for all compatible Apple devices.
15. iPad 2 Wi-Fi
18. iPhone 5 (CDMA)
19. iPhone 5 (GSM)
20. iPhone 5c (CDMA)
21. iPhone 5c (GSM)
22. iPhone 5s (CDMA)
23. iPhone 5s (GSM)
24. iPhone 4s
To contact the editor, e-mail: