LG G3 vs iPhone 6: LG Launches Ahead of Apple to Become an iPhone 6 Alternative
By Precious Silva | June 4, 2014 9:37 AM EST
LG's release of the G3 made waves especially with the lineup of features it has to offer. The handset features a stunning display within a 5.5-inch frame. The camera also has an autofocus system that outperforms majority of the smartphones on the market. Can LG's G3 be a contender against the much-awaited iPhone 6? Will people be better off purchasing the device than the next iPhone?
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
The LG G3 measures 8.9mm. It is comparatively thinner than the LG. The size of the device is impressive looking at the extra features and components LG decided to add to the device. Likewise, the device also measures 75 x 146mm which makes it a tall device with a wider screen than the previous LG flagship. The most striking of the design tweaks is the metal build. To begin with, people will be treated to a brushed metal frame that goes over the edge differentiating the rear from the front. The back cover is plastic and removable. Despite the plastic composition, it does have a metallic brushed skin finish that is also scratch proof.
The release of the LG G3 marked the company's ongoing efforts to strengthen its smartphone lineup. Forbes even considers the device an upgrade possibly better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8. PC Advisor's report places the G3 as one of the best handsets for 2014. With several sources giving positive response over G3, can the device be a good alternative against the iPhone 6? The iPhone 6 is also considered as one of the most anticipated releases this year.
LG G3 vs iPhone 6 Features
According to Forbes, the LG G3 is the first phone in the US to feature the Quad-HD resolution. It has always been a Full HD offering for available competitors. LG's G3 features a 5.5-inch screen offering 1440 x 2560 pixels with an impressive pixel density of 534ppi.LG claims the screen of the G3 can be similar to high quality photo book. According to reports, the iPhone 6 will come in two sizes: 4.7 and 5.5 inches. The iPhone 6 screen will also reportedly feature sapphire glass display allowing better viewing angles and more durable build. As for the resolution, Apple will reportedly bump the pixels to 1704 x 960 and 326ppi. The larger iPhone will have a higher pixel density at 389ppi although resolution might not change as Apple wants to ensure transition of the iOS and its apps to the larger screen.
LG decided to go for a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor matching competitors like Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One. The chip is also clocked at 2.5GHz, which is according to PC advisor is the highest around so far. This ensures the device has a smooth and fast performance.
Apple will reportedly run on the new iOS 8 complete with an upgraded 64-bit coprocessor chip featuring dual-core processor or two processor cores.
So far LG G3 has been considered as a contender against the Samsung Galaxy S5 - the intended rival for the iPhone 6. If LG G3 can compete against the top Android smartphones, analysts believe it can also do well against the iPhone 6 upon release. It can also be a good alternative for those not willing to wait until September for a new handset.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet