Premier League Transfer News: Everton Boss Already has Summer Targets
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 10:38 PM EST
Everton boss Roberto Martinez already knows which set of players to bring in this summer, as the Toffees prepares for a busier season after qualifying for the Europa League.
“Recruitment is vital. It's one of those moments of the season where you recollect the good work you've done over the last two windows.” - Roberto Martinez
"Recruitment is vital. It's one of those moments of the season where you recollect the good work you've done over the last two windows," the Spaniard told evertontv.
"The recruitment department have been working tirelessly to get the reports and highlight the targets and players that are going to fit in our football club. You can imagine it's a long process."
"We've identified the players and now it's about making sure we can get them to join."
Martinez, however, placed an emphasis on being able to recruit players who can make the most impact at Goodison Park, as well as those who can fit in with the squad.
"It's very much an important period, but it's not one where we need to panic. We don't have to make decisions just to bring numbers into the club," he added.
"Everything has to be measured and everything needs to be taken on the understanding that bringing the wrong player into this special group of players that we have could have a very negative effect."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display