Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Makes an Official Bid for Barcelona Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 9:52 PM EST
Liverpool have made an official bid for FC Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez, according to the Daily Express.
The Chile international have made 55 appearances for the Blaugrana, finding the back of the net 21 times, while turning provider in 17 instances.
“Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well.” Josep Bartomeu on Alexis Sanchez
He was given a deserved break under the reign of Tata Martino, but with the Argentine already replaced by Luis Enrique, the 25-year-old attacker is thinking of moving to a club wherein he will be given a regular starting spot.
However, Barca president Josep Bartomeu is firm that Sanchez will not be going anywhere this offseason.
"He's not for sale," said Bartomeu.
"He has a contract with us and is an important part of the squad."
"Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well."
It remains to be seen whether the £27million-rated former Undinese man will want to write a new chapter on his playing career.
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899