Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Makes an Official Bid for Barcelona Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 9:52 PM EST
Liverpool have made an official bid for FC Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez, according to the Daily Express.
The Chile international have made 55 appearances for the Blaugrana, finding the back of the net 21 times, while turning provider in 17 instances.
“Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well.” Josep Bartomeu on Alexis Sanchez
He was given a deserved break under the reign of Tata Martino, but with the Argentine already replaced by Luis Enrique, the 25-year-old attacker is thinking of moving to a club wherein he will be given a regular starting spot.
However, Barca president Josep Bartomeu is firm that Sanchez will not be going anywhere this offseason.
"He's not for sale," said Bartomeu.
"He has a contract with us and is an important part of the squad."
"Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well."
It remains to be seen whether the £27million-rated former Undinese man will want to write a new chapter on his playing career.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Los Angeles Clippers 2014-2015 NBA Preview: Chris Paul, Blake And Lob City Aiming High
- ‘The X Factor Australia' 2014 Winner Prediction - Dean Ray Will Win Title, According To Betting Odds; Marlisa Punzalan, Brothers 3 Are The Underdogs
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored