Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Makes an Official Bid for Barcelona Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 9:52 PM EST
Liverpool have made an official bid for FC Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez, according to the Daily Express.
The Chile international have made 55 appearances for the Blaugrana, finding the back of the net 21 times, while turning provider in 17 instances.
“Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well.” Josep Bartomeu on Alexis Sanchez
He was given a deserved break under the reign of Tata Martino, but with the Argentine already replaced by Luis Enrique, the 25-year-old attacker is thinking of moving to a club wherein he will be given a regular starting spot.
However, Barca president Josep Bartomeu is firm that Sanchez will not be going anywhere this offseason.
"He's not for sale," said Bartomeu.
"He has a contract with us and is an important part of the squad."
"Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well."
It remains to be seen whether the £27million-rated former Undinese man will want to write a new chapter on his playing career.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More