Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Makes an Official Bid for Barcelona Winger
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 3, 2014 9:52 PM EST
Liverpool have made an official bid for FC Barcelona winger Alexis Sanchez, according to the Daily Express.
The Chile international have made 55 appearances for the Blaugrana, finding the back of the net 21 times, while turning provider in 17 instances.
“Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well.” Josep Bartomeu on Alexis Sanchez
He was given a deserved break under the reign of Tata Martino, but with the Argentine already replaced by Luis Enrique, the 25-year-old attacker is thinking of moving to a club wherein he will be given a regular starting spot.
However, Barca president Josep Bartomeu is firm that Sanchez will not be going anywhere this offseason.
"He's not for sale," said Bartomeu.
"He has a contract with us and is an important part of the squad."
"Sanchez has had a great season and, of course, will be a part of Barcelona next season as well."
It remains to be seen whether the £27million-rated former Undinese man will want to write a new chapter on his playing career.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS