'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare' Game Features, PC Specs to Prepare, and Release Date
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 7:35 PM EST
Electronic Arts (EA) and PopCap Games revealed a new version of the well-loved "Plants vs. Zombies" series. Dubbed as "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare", the new game is expected to hit computers this June and Playstation consoles in August.
A New Platform
The pea-shooting, plants battling zombies game is once again revolutionised for expecting fans. The all-time favorite action real-time strategy game gets a new face. Developed by PopCap and distributed by EA, the Garden Warfare takes a multiplayer platform. The shooter and tower defence game is packed with competitive multiplayer mode that enables the players to control not only the plants but the zombie as well. The game was first announced as a video game for Xbox and was released in February in North America and in Europe. The game has been available on Xbox consoles since April 24. Versions of the said game will be available in other platforms starting this June.
Pea Shooting in PC
Makers of the "Plants vs. Zombies" announced that "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will be available for PC this June. EA expressed that they are "striving to strike the right balance between pushing the Frostbite 3 engine, while ensuring the game is accessible to as many PC players as possible," in a report by Games.on.net.
Though, not all computers may be compatible with the said version. EA announced the specs lock down of the PC that can host Plant vs. Zombies: Garden warfare. This might be sad news for those using Windows Vista and 32-bit system computers.
The game requires higher specs for PC. Fans who want to have them on their computers must be particular of this compatibility. The specs needed for the strategy game are as follows:
Required: Internet connection required to install and play
OS: Windows 7/8 64bit
Video Card: NVIDIA 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5750
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB
Input: Keyboard, Mouse or Dual Analog Gamepad
Eating Brains in Playstation
Aside from the Xbox and PC version, "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" will be available in Playstation (PS3 and PSP4) on August 19.
Incorporating the game in PSP 3 and PSP 4 is one way of the makers of the game to widen the platform and reach more players. The PSP version is expected to increase the millions of Plant Vs Zombies players who are already enjoying the game since its release.
"Our players have already vanquished more than 400 million plants and zombies, and we can't wait for PlayStation gamers to add to this total," expressed producer Brian Lindley through a press release as quoted in Gamespot.
As of this writing, there are a lot of positive reviews of the "Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" as the number of players who download and play the game increases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales