‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Production Date Update and Question Mark on Special Episode
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 3, 2014 7:26 PM EST
The production dates for "Sherlock" Season 4 have not yet been locked. The details are still being worked-out. It looks like it is wait and more wait scenario at the moment.
"We're literally in the middle of working out what we're doing and the dates we've got. It's a bit of a watch-this-space, I'm afraid," Sue Vertue, executive producer of "Sherlock," said to Vulture.
As reported previously, the delay in filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 is because of Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch's busy schedules. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, co-writers of "Sherlock," had said that they have mapped out the entire Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Earlier at the Bafta TV ceremony, Gatiss confirmed that the team of "Sherlock" is "moving closer to agreeing dates."
"Benedict and Martin's schedule, Steven's schedule, my schedule, everybody's schedule -- it's like a jigsaw puzzle," Gatiss had said, as quoted by Den of Geek.
Meanwhile, there is suspense surrounding the special episode of "Sherlock" before the telecast of Season 4. It is Freeman who had hinted about the one-off special episode.
"Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," Freeman had said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post.
He had called the one-off episode a "mouth-watering idea."
Moffat and Gattis, however, refuse to confirm that they are planning a one-off, special episode. Moffat said to Vulture, "It's all going in the right direction. There's nothing to worry about. Everyone's very willing to make it work. I'm sorry -- that's all you're getting for now."
When asked about the special episode, Gatiss had said, "there was talk amongst people who have nothing to do with "Sherlock," I'm afraid."
It was recently announced that "Sherlock" Season 3 will now be available on Netflix. In addition to the three episodes of the season, Netflix will also make available 'Sherlock Uncovered' as well as 'Unlocking Sherlock'.
'Sherlock Uncovered' is a set of three half-hour making-of specials following each episode, while Unlocking Sherlock is a one-hour behind-the-scenes feature about the making of the series, according to Vulture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation