‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Production Date Update and Question Mark on Special Episode
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 3, 2014 7:26 PM EST
The production dates for "Sherlock" Season 4 have not yet been locked. The details are still being worked-out. It looks like it is wait and more wait scenario at the moment.
"We're literally in the middle of working out what we're doing and the dates we've got. It's a bit of a watch-this-space, I'm afraid," Sue Vertue, executive producer of "Sherlock," said to Vulture.
As reported previously, the delay in filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 is because of Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch's busy schedules. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, co-writers of "Sherlock," had said that they have mapped out the entire Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Earlier at the Bafta TV ceremony, Gatiss confirmed that the team of "Sherlock" is "moving closer to agreeing dates."
"Benedict and Martin's schedule, Steven's schedule, my schedule, everybody's schedule -- it's like a jigsaw puzzle," Gatiss had said, as quoted by Den of Geek.
Meanwhile, there is suspense surrounding the special episode of "Sherlock" before the telecast of Season 4. It is Freeman who had hinted about the one-off special episode.
"Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," Freeman had said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post.
He had called the one-off episode a "mouth-watering idea."
Moffat and Gattis, however, refuse to confirm that they are planning a one-off, special episode. Moffat said to Vulture, "It's all going in the right direction. There's nothing to worry about. Everyone's very willing to make it work. I'm sorry -- that's all you're getting for now."
When asked about the special episode, Gatiss had said, "there was talk amongst people who have nothing to do with "Sherlock," I'm afraid."
It was recently announced that "Sherlock" Season 3 will now be available on Netflix. In addition to the three episodes of the season, Netflix will also make available 'Sherlock Uncovered' as well as 'Unlocking Sherlock'.
'Sherlock Uncovered' is a set of three half-hour making-of specials following each episode, while Unlocking Sherlock is a one-hour behind-the-scenes feature about the making of the series, according to Vulture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change