‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Production Date Update and Question Mark on Special Episode
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 3, 2014 7:26 PM EST
The production dates for "Sherlock" Season 4 have not yet been locked. The details are still being worked-out. It looks like it is wait and more wait scenario at the moment.
"We're literally in the middle of working out what we're doing and the dates we've got. It's a bit of a watch-this-space, I'm afraid," Sue Vertue, executive producer of "Sherlock," said to Vulture.
As reported previously, the delay in filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 is because of Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch's busy schedules. Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat, co-writers of "Sherlock," had said that they have mapped out the entire Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Earlier at the Bafta TV ceremony, Gatiss confirmed that the team of "Sherlock" is "moving closer to agreeing dates."
"Benedict and Martin's schedule, Steven's schedule, my schedule, everybody's schedule -- it's like a jigsaw puzzle," Gatiss had said, as quoted by Den of Geek.
Meanwhile, there is suspense surrounding the special episode of "Sherlock" before the telecast of Season 4. It is Freeman who had hinted about the one-off special episode.
"Mark Gatiss may beat me up, but there is an idea for this one-off special that's such a good idea," Freeman had said on Alan Carr's Channel 4 chat show, as quoted by Huffington Post.
He had called the one-off episode a "mouth-watering idea."
Moffat and Gattis, however, refuse to confirm that they are planning a one-off, special episode. Moffat said to Vulture, "It's all going in the right direction. There's nothing to worry about. Everyone's very willing to make it work. I'm sorry -- that's all you're getting for now."
When asked about the special episode, Gatiss had said, "there was talk amongst people who have nothing to do with "Sherlock," I'm afraid."
It was recently announced that "Sherlock" Season 3 will now be available on Netflix. In addition to the three episodes of the season, Netflix will also make available 'Sherlock Uncovered' as well as 'Unlocking Sherlock'.
'Sherlock Uncovered' is a set of three half-hour making-of specials following each episode, while Unlocking Sherlock is a one-hour behind-the-scenes feature about the making of the series, according to Vulture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report