Justin Bieber And The N-Word Gets Defense From Mayweather
By Tanya Diente | June 3, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather Jr. proves he is Justin Bieber's friend by defending the singer on his use of the N-word while telling a racist joke. Justin Bieber and the boxing champ have been friends for a long time.
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
A video of a 15-year-old Justin Bieber was previously leaked online. The video was posted by British tabloid The Sun (subscription required). In the video, Bieber tells a racist joke and apparently used the N-word. The video was reportedly taken backstage on a promotional tour while Bieber was doing his "Never Say Never" documentary in 2011.
The video had caused uproar. According to TMZ, Bieber had since apologised saying, "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man."
Following Bieber's apology, Floyd Mayweather Jr., the undefeated, multi-division boxing champ, defended his pop star friend. It seems Bieber found an ally in Mayweather, who has been having the singer walk out to the ring as an ally during his fights. Fox Sports reports the boxer defended Bieber on his use of the N-word while telling a racist joke. Mayweather proved his loyalty as a friend to Bieber on his Instagram and Twitter posts.
Mayweather, on his Twitter account, defended Justin with the following post:
Justin has been nothing but kind to me, my daughters & sons over the years. We all make mistakes when we are young, it’s part of growing up.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) June 2, 2014
Mayweather's tweet backs up Justin's statement that he takes his friendships with people of all cultures seriously.
Mayweather also posted a photo of him and Justin on his Instagram account (photo), telling everyone how he is proud of Justin and what he's doing as a 20-year-old musician and businessman. He also labelled his post with the hashtag: #TMT.
The video, which was taken way back Bieber's teen years, was directed at "black people." Despite this, Mayweather still defended and supported Justin Bieber. The boxer's tweet and Instagram posts back up Justin's statement that he takes his friendships with people of all cultures seriously. In addition to Mayweather, Justin is surrounded by people with varied cultural backgrounds, including his mentor Usher, Will Smith's son Jaden, Lil Twist and R&B singer Khalil.
Meanwhile, Twitter is flooded with posts on Justin Bieber's apology and reactions on Mayweather's defense on the Biebs.
@VibeMagazine of course he did. That's his little homie...
— Stacy Edwards (@godscreation623) June 3, 2014
@TMZ he is not racist we all know that us beliebers know justin more than you #BeliebersKnowsTheRealJustin #WeKnowYourNotRacistJustin — Hi Justin3 (@MatraRamos42) June 2, 2014
@TMZ lol sure not too long ago everyone wanted to hang Donald Sterling but oh no Justin gets a free pass...Smfh — Raul Cardenas (@rj_cardenas) June 2, 2014
— rk (@curryslap) June 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia