Angelina Jolie: 'Maleficent' Actress to Quit Acting after Movie Project Titled 'Cleopatra'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
"Maleficent" actress Angelina Jolie has confirmed in a recent interview that she is working on an upcoming movie project titled "Cleopatra." However, the latest reports claim that the film will be the last for the Oscar-winning actress as she hints about giving up acting.
Cast member Angelina Jolie poses at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Speculations: Liv to Help Jeremy Move on from Bonnie's Death, What Alaric Could Do in New Season
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Promo Photos of Cast Members Released, Tyler Posey Hints Characters Become Mature after Allison's Death
Jolie, 38, revealed that she has been working on the Cleopatra biopic for the big screen during the BBC Radio 5 Live interview. "There's been lots of different ideas of directors and a lot of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," the actress shared when asked about the long-rumoured film.
However, Angelina Jolie further talked about wanting to focus on other things, even in the past, which caused to lessen her passion when it comes to acting. According to the Us Weekly report, Angelina Jolie admitted that she became an actress because her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, wanted her to be one.
"It took me until my mid-30s to realize I actually didn't. I actually wanted to write and direct and be more involved in politics and humanitarian issues. I'll do a few more films and enjoy it...but I've never loved it like I love other things," the actress shared.
As she takes on the role of Cleopatra, Angelina Jolie described the Ancient Egypt pharaoh to be complicated. The actress added that even though it is complicated to get the upcoming film right, they are already getting there and the preparations for it will be big.
According to the E!News report, Angelina Jolie is aware that she has big shoes to fill in portraying the Cleopatra after the late Elizabeth Taylor graced the screen as the Egyptian queen back in 1963. Jolie explained that Cleopatra role makes her pour everything into and end it.
"That's where you finish, in a great way. You kind of go, 'What could you do beyond that one?' Put it all into that one," the actress said in the BBC Radio interview. Angelina Jolie noted that Eric Roth has written the script for the "Cleopatra" film with Oscar-winning directors Ang Lee and David Fincher expressing their interest in taking on the upcoming movie project.
More Articles to Read:
'Maleficent' Director Robert Stromberg On Angelina Jolie And Organic Costumes - [READ]
'Maleficent' Review: Digging in at Angelina Jolie's Portrayal of 'Sleeping Beauty's' Iconic Villain - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate