Angelina Jolie: 'Maleficent' Actress to Quit Acting after Movie Project Titled 'Cleopatra'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 3, 2014 4:55 PM EST
"Maleficent" actress Angelina Jolie has confirmed in a recent interview that she is working on an upcoming movie project titled "Cleopatra." However, the latest reports claim that the film will be the last for the Oscar-winning actress as she hints about giving up acting.
Cast member Angelina Jolie poses at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Speculations: Liv to Help Jeremy Move on from Bonnie's Death, What Alaric Could Do in New Season
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Promo Photos of Cast Members Released, Tyler Posey Hints Characters Become Mature after Allison's Death
Jolie, 38, revealed that she has been working on the Cleopatra biopic for the big screen during the BBC Radio 5 Live interview. "There's been lots of different ideas of directors and a lot of different discussions. The script has been written by Eric Roth, who is a dear friend and a brilliant writer," the actress shared when asked about the long-rumoured film.
However, Angelina Jolie further talked about wanting to focus on other things, even in the past, which caused to lessen her passion when it comes to acting. According to the Us Weekly report, Angelina Jolie admitted that she became an actress because her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, wanted her to be one.
"It took me until my mid-30s to realize I actually didn't. I actually wanted to write and direct and be more involved in politics and humanitarian issues. I'll do a few more films and enjoy it...but I've never loved it like I love other things," the actress shared.
As she takes on the role of Cleopatra, Angelina Jolie described the Ancient Egypt pharaoh to be complicated. The actress added that even though it is complicated to get the upcoming film right, they are already getting there and the preparations for it will be big.
According to the E!News report, Angelina Jolie is aware that she has big shoes to fill in portraying the Cleopatra after the late Elizabeth Taylor graced the screen as the Egyptian queen back in 1963. Jolie explained that Cleopatra role makes her pour everything into and end it.
"That's where you finish, in a great way. You kind of go, 'What could you do beyond that one?' Put it all into that one," the actress said in the BBC Radio interview. Angelina Jolie noted that Eric Roth has written the script for the "Cleopatra" film with Oscar-winning directors Ang Lee and David Fincher expressing their interest in taking on the upcoming movie project.
More Articles to Read:
'Maleficent' Director Robert Stromberg On Angelina Jolie And Organic Costumes - [READ]
'Maleficent' Review: Digging in at Angelina Jolie's Portrayal of 'Sleeping Beauty's' Iconic Villain - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales