Android 4.4.3 Release Confirmed for Nexus 5, Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 via T-Mobile, Sprint Next
By Precious Silva | June 3, 2014 4:10 PM EST
It has been a while since the Android 4.4.3 update surfaced. There were countless leads and prediction about it but none of them materialized until now. Fortunately for users of Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 7, the Android 4.4.3 is now available via T-Mobile. Sprint has also announced the update will be available to Nexus 5 users. Both carriers have started offering the firmware this June 2. What can people expect from the update?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
According to T-Mobile's page, Nexus 5 owners can now update to Android 4.4.3/ Build version KTU84M. Other Nexus owners can expect the update to be happening soon. There are no new features listed under the update but it does offer a range of improvements. These include a range of bug fixes and security enhancements. T-Mobile requires the following for the update:
- 50% battery life or higher
- Data connection
- 80 MB available memory - the update is around 77.9MB
To check for the update, follow these procedures:
1. Switch from Home Screen and find All Apps.
2. Choose System.
3. Go to "SYSTEM" and then check About Phone.
4. Check the version of the device.
T-Mobile provides guidelines depending on the software version:
- KTU84M - there is no update available. Document will be accessible is there is new software.
- KOT49H and KRT16M - the device can be updated to KTU84M. Starting June 2 to June 9, users will receive an update prompt via OTA. Manual update will be available following June 9.
Here are the steps on how to update software from the device:
1. Go to All Apps.
2. Choose Settings.
2. Open About Device then go choose Software Update.
The phone should be connected to the WiFi. Wait for the device to get the OTA. Once installed, the device will restart and update to Android version 4.4.3 / Software version KTU84M. Users from other carriers may have to wait for further announcements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast