Brad Pitt Speak Up About ‘Maleficient’ Red Carpet Incident with ‘Nutter’ Vitalii Sediuk
By Anne Lu | June 3, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Brad Pitt has opened up about the “nutter” who hit him on the red carpet Los Angeles premiere of Angelina Jolie’s “Maleficent.” Notorious Ukrainian reporter Vitalii Sediuk was arrested after making contact with the A-list star’s face on Wednesday.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
The overzealous reporter was taken in custody and booked for misdemeanour battery.
In Brad’s own words, he explained how the “nutter” got to him, and what he thinks about him.
“I was at the end of the line signing autographs, when out the corner of my eye I saw someone stage-diving over the barrier at me. I took a step back; this guy had latched onto my lapels. I looked down and the nutter was trying to bury his face in my crotch, so I cracked him twice in the back of the head – not too hard – but enough to get his attention, because he did let go. I think he was then just grabbing for a hand hold because the guys were on him, and he reached up and caught my glasses,” Brad explained to People magazine.
His glasses, as TMZ reported, were destroyed in the ruckus.
“I don’t mind an exhibitionist, but if this guy keeps it up he’s going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd. And he should know, if he tries to look up a woman’s dress again, he’s going to get stomped.”
The 50-year-old father of six was referring to an incident at the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, in which Sediuk tried to dive under “How to Train Your Dragon 2” actress America Ferrera’s dress. Sediuk was dragged out from under America’s yellow George Hobeika Couture gown immediately.
Sediuk is a known red carpet prankster whose victims include Will Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio.
He appeared in court on Thursday, and has been ordered to stay 500 yards away from red carpets, movie premieres and award shows in the future after pleading no contest to battery and unlawful activity at an event. He was also sentenced to 20 days community labour and 36 months in probation, and told to pay U$220 in fines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- AC/DC Angus Young and Brian Johnson on Troubled Drummer Phil Rudd’s Future With Them, Continuing Music Without Malcolm Young [VIDEO]
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced