Brad Pitt Speak Up About ‘Maleficient’ Red Carpet Incident with ‘Nutter’ Vitalii Sediuk
By Anne Lu | June 3, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Brad Pitt has opened up about the “nutter” who hit him on the red carpet Los Angeles premiere of Angelina Jolie’s “Maleficent.” Notorious Ukrainian reporter Vitalii Sediuk was arrested after making contact with the A-list star’s face on Wednesday.
Cast member Angelina Jolie and actor Brad Pitt pose at the premiere of "Maleficent" at El Capitan theatre in Hollywood, California May 28, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on May 30.
The overzealous reporter was taken in custody and booked for misdemeanour battery.
In Brad’s own words, he explained how the “nutter” got to him, and what he thinks about him.
“I was at the end of the line signing autographs, when out the corner of my eye I saw someone stage-diving over the barrier at me. I took a step back; this guy had latched onto my lapels. I looked down and the nutter was trying to bury his face in my crotch, so I cracked him twice in the back of the head – not too hard – but enough to get his attention, because he did let go. I think he was then just grabbing for a hand hold because the guys were on him, and he reached up and caught my glasses,” Brad explained to People magazine.
His glasses, as TMZ reported, were destroyed in the ruckus.
“I don’t mind an exhibitionist, but if this guy keeps it up he’s going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd. And he should know, if he tries to look up a woman’s dress again, he’s going to get stomped.”
The 50-year-old father of six was referring to an incident at the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, in which Sediuk tried to dive under “How to Train Your Dragon 2” actress America Ferrera’s dress. Sediuk was dragged out from under America’s yellow George Hobeika Couture gown immediately.
Sediuk is a known red carpet prankster whose victims include Will Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio.
He appeared in court on Thursday, and has been ordered to stay 500 yards away from red carpets, movie premieres and award shows in the future after pleading no contest to battery and unlawful activity at an event. He was also sentenced to 20 days community labour and 36 months in probation, and told to pay U$220 in fines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date