Samsung Confirms Tizen-based Smart TVs with SDK Coming in July
By Naveena Joy | June 3, 2014 1:43 PM EST
Once again, Samsung is proving its existence in the market as a Company which releases smart products.
According to the source, The Next Web, Samsung is preparing itself for the new Tizen Operating System which will be found on a new range of Smart TVs.
The company confirms that it will be launching an SDK (software development kit) next month in July, which allows developers to create apps, games and services for the new platform.
Tizen is a Linux based operating system for devices like smartphones, smart TVs, laptops and smart cameras. Its licensing model involves software that uses a variety of open source licenses that may be incompatible and a proprietary SDK. It aims to offer a consistent user experience across devices. Tizen is a project within the Linux Foundation and is governed by Technical Steering Group (TSG) composed of Samsung and Intel among others.
Samsung has already introduced with the Linux based operating system devices - its Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches. And with the release of the Beta version of the Samsung TV SDK will give the developers a chance to get hands on experience with the software. Samsung confirms that the Beta includes Smart Interaction feature that enables the use of voice based commands and gesture controls. Also, there will be multi-screen options for compatibility with Samsung's other Tizen products such as its smartphone series- but there is no confirmation on when the sale of these TVs will start.
The tech radar says that the company is hoping to establish its own Apple-like ecosystem where everything plays nice with everything else, without relying on Google.
The Wall Street Journal last month reported that Samsung is getting ready for the launch of its first Tizen smartphones in Russia and India and also hinted on the arrival of smart TV product. The mobile devices are yet to get introduced while the news of smart TV is confirmed but there is no guarantee of its arrival just like that of its mobile devices.
Although, users can expect more news on the Tizen based tellies this week when the Tizen Developers Conference starts
The Tizen TV SDK will be available to download at Samsungforum.com from "early July."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch