Jennifer Lawrence Tops ‘Most-Liked Summer Movie Actresses;’ Shailene Woodley Comes Fifth
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 1:34 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after actresses of today, at least from a survey conducted by TheWrap in a search to find out who among the roster of popular celebrities is the "Most-Liked Summer Movie Actress."
Cast member Jennifer Lawrence poses during a photocall for the film "The Hunger Games : Mockingjay - Part 1" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
The leading ladies of the most popular summer films this 2014 have been ranked according to their "Q Scores," a scoring system used by TV networks to identify who among the stars found the most favour in the eyes of the audiences. Through the metric, media outlets can determine how favourable or unfavourable stars are as viewed by entertainment consumers.
This year, Lawrence topped the TheWrap's rankings with a Q Score of 27 and 65 on Recognisability. She was followed by "Tammy" star Melissa McCarthy with only 2 points difference with 25. Angelina Jolie of "Maleficent" and Rachel McAdams of "A Most Wanted Man" tied in third with a Q score of 23. Amy Poehler of "They Came Together" and rising star Shailene Woodley of "The Fault in Our Stars") both got 22 for Q score. However, Shailene Woodley is officially fifth with a lower Recognisability number compared to Poehler. TheWrap also called her rank unstable, placing it with an asterisk mark because her summer films in the past did not make a remarkable hit.
On the other hand, Woodley to have ranked fifth in the survey this summer shows her promising future as a Hollywood A-lister. Her film "The Fault In Our Stars" alongside Ansel Elgort is a talk of the town, and many "Divergent" fans are also waiting for the movie's release.
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort also co-starred in "Divergent," playing the roles of Tris and Caleb Prior who are siblings. Interestingly, their pair-up in film "The Fault In Our Stars" made them lovers whose love are powerful than the sickness that will eventually take their life.
By playing on movies with a common denominator of dystopian plot, Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley are often pitted against one another. Recently, Jennifer Lawrence reportedly accused Woodley of stealing her spotlight. However, there is no confirmation from Lawrence whether she truly hates the "Divergent" star.
Meanwhile fans on Twitter expressed their support for Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence. Many believe that both stars should not be compared as they are both working hard to make names for their own. There are more to be seen from Lawrence and Woodley with gigantic movie franchise "The Hunger Games" and "Divergent" series at their helm.
Shailene Woodley is not trying to be the next Jennifer Lawrence, the next Lily Collins. She want to be herself and respected for that.
— Just Hazel (@alohashai) June 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft