Jennifer Lawrence Tops ‘Most-Liked Summer Movie Actresses;’ Shailene Woodley Comes Fifth
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 1:34 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence is undoubtedly one of the most sought-after actresses of today, at least from a survey conducted by TheWrap in a search to find out who among the roster of popular celebrities is the "Most-Liked Summer Movie Actress."
Cast member Jennifer Lawrence poses during a photocall for the film "The Hunger Games : Mockingjay - Part 1" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
The leading ladies of the most popular summer films this 2014 have been ranked according to their "Q Scores," a scoring system used by TV networks to identify who among the stars found the most favour in the eyes of the audiences. Through the metric, media outlets can determine how favourable or unfavourable stars are as viewed by entertainment consumers.
This year, Lawrence topped the TheWrap's rankings with a Q Score of 27 and 65 on Recognisability. She was followed by "Tammy" star Melissa McCarthy with only 2 points difference with 25. Angelina Jolie of "Maleficent" and Rachel McAdams of "A Most Wanted Man" tied in third with a Q score of 23. Amy Poehler of "They Came Together" and rising star Shailene Woodley of "The Fault in Our Stars") both got 22 for Q score. However, Shailene Woodley is officially fifth with a lower Recognisability number compared to Poehler. TheWrap also called her rank unstable, placing it with an asterisk mark because her summer films in the past did not make a remarkable hit.
On the other hand, Woodley to have ranked fifth in the survey this summer shows her promising future as a Hollywood A-lister. Her film "The Fault In Our Stars" alongside Ansel Elgort is a talk of the town, and many "Divergent" fans are also waiting for the movie's release.
Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort also co-starred in "Divergent," playing the roles of Tris and Caleb Prior who are siblings. Interestingly, their pair-up in film "The Fault In Our Stars" made them lovers whose love are powerful than the sickness that will eventually take their life.
By playing on movies with a common denominator of dystopian plot, Jennifer Lawrence and Shailene Woodley are often pitted against one another. Recently, Jennifer Lawrence reportedly accused Woodley of stealing her spotlight. However, there is no confirmation from Lawrence whether she truly hates the "Divergent" star.
Meanwhile fans on Twitter expressed their support for Shailene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence. Many believe that both stars should not be compared as they are both working hard to make names for their own. There are more to be seen from Lawrence and Woodley with gigantic movie franchise "The Hunger Games" and "Divergent" series at their helm.
Shailene Woodley is not trying to be the next Jennifer Lawrence, the next Lily Collins. She want to be herself and respected for that.
— Just Hazel (@alohashai) June 2, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More