Apple Inc. Launches Redesigned OS X – the OS X Yosemite
By Athena Yenko | June 3, 2014 12:42 PM EST
Apple Inc. launches redesigned and refined OS X version - the OS X Yosemite.
Yosemite is created with a fresh sophisticated look including powerful new apps and continuity feature that allows users to work across Mac and all iOS devices conveniently, according to a statement from Apple Australia.
"Yosemite is the future of OS X with its incredible new design and amazing new apps, all engineered to work beautifully with iOS. We engineer our platforms, services and devices together, so we are able to create a seamless experience for our users across all our products that is unparalleled in the industry. It's something only Apple can deliver," said Craig Federighi, Apple's senior vice president of Software Engineering said.
Yosemite's Today view in Notification Centre provides a quick look at all notifications that users need to know. The iCloud DriveTM is placed within the Finder and allow users to store any type of files.
The newly released OS X also has Safari that has much organised features for users to control with their finger tips. The new Mail feature allows a more convenient editing and sending attachments.
Handoff feature allows user to begin an activity through one device. The same activity can be pass on to another device, all together. The Instant Hotspot feature allows iPhones hotspots to be as easily accessible as connecting via Wi-fi.
Furthermore, Yosemite allows users to make iPhones call their Macs. For interested developers, a preview of Yosemite is available to Mac Developer Program members starting Tuesday.
Apple Inc also introduces OS X Beta program which allows customers to gain access to Yosemite. Users are also encouraged to try out the release and submit their feedback. For those using Mac, they can participate in the OS X Beta Program for winter with final version downloadable from Mac App Store for the coming Spring: www.apple.com/osx/preview.
Apple Inc. is holding its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) from June 2 through 6 June at San Francisco's Moscone West.
WWDC 2014 activities include:
§ More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
§ More than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
§ The latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design;
§ The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world-last year more than 60 countries were represented;
§ A new series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
§ Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
§ Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares