HP Slatebook 14: Features and Release Date of HP’s Newest Android Laptop
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
HP is no neophyte in creating Google-powered devices. Back in 2013, Google partnered with HP in producing the slick-designed Chromebook 11; however, the device did not receive a very good review because of its poor features, not to mention its design that resembled "Apple's old plastic MacBooks".
HP has long been speculated to be working on an Android laptop before it confirmed of the news by posting the model in its own Web site on April. The first look of the device was noted by media outlet The Verge explaining that HP outlined the laptop's features and specifications complete with a promotional video.
HP Slatebook 14 Best Features and Specifications
As of this writing, the HP Slatebook overview is already listed on the HP Web site. Notable features include a NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 processor, a 14-inch 1080p HD 10-point capacitive touchscreen display, up to 9 hours of battery life, and a quad BeatsAudioTM speakers.
The Slatebook 14 is officially Android as the device runs with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. This means that HP Slatebook users can enjoy a load of Google apps and services in their laptop including access to Google Play Store.
Design-wise, HP's Android baby is pretty pleasing. It features a yellow bottom and sides, a black cover, all in a lightweight and sleek body. Its streamlined form basically weighs at 3.7 lbs with at 16 mm thickness.
The SlateBook 14 houses a 64 GB of storage space and 2 GB RAM.
Price and Release Date in Australia
The HP Web site provides a different price than the price reported in its press release. The release says that the HP SlateBook's availability in the United States will start on July 20 for a starting with a price tag of $429.99. In its campaign page, on the other hand, HP reveals that the Android laptop's price will start at $399.00 and is scheduled to be available in August 6, 2014.
We checked the Australian edition of the HP Web store to find out how much the model will be priced in the country. However, it seems that the device is yet to be available for the Australian market. If to be based on the present conversion, the HP SlateBook 14 priced at $399 in the U.S. will carry a tag of AUD 431.03.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand