HP Slatebook 14: Features and Release Date of HP’s Newest Android Laptop
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
HP is no neophyte in creating Google-powered devices. Back in 2013, Google partnered with HP in producing the slick-designed Chromebook 11; however, the device did not receive a very good review because of its poor features, not to mention its design that resembled "Apple's old plastic MacBooks".
HP has long been speculated to be working on an Android laptop before it confirmed of the news by posting the model in its own Web site on April. The first look of the device was noted by media outlet The Verge explaining that HP outlined the laptop's features and specifications complete with a promotional video.
HP Slatebook 14 Best Features and Specifications
As of this writing, the HP Slatebook overview is already listed on the HP Web site. Notable features include a NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 processor, a 14-inch 1080p HD 10-point capacitive touchscreen display, up to 9 hours of battery life, and a quad BeatsAudioTM speakers.
The Slatebook 14 is officially Android as the device runs with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. This means that HP Slatebook users can enjoy a load of Google apps and services in their laptop including access to Google Play Store.
Design-wise, HP's Android baby is pretty pleasing. It features a yellow bottom and sides, a black cover, all in a lightweight and sleek body. Its streamlined form basically weighs at 3.7 lbs with at 16 mm thickness.
The SlateBook 14 houses a 64 GB of storage space and 2 GB RAM.
Price and Release Date in Australia
The HP Web site provides a different price than the price reported in its press release. The release says that the HP SlateBook's availability in the United States will start on July 20 for a starting with a price tag of $429.99. In its campaign page, on the other hand, HP reveals that the Android laptop's price will start at $399.00 and is scheduled to be available in August 6, 2014.
We checked the Australian edition of the HP Web store to find out how much the model will be priced in the country. However, it seems that the device is yet to be available for the Australian market. If to be based on the present conversion, the HP SlateBook 14 priced at $399 in the U.S. will carry a tag of AUD 431.03.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga