HP Slatebook 14: Features and Release Date of HP’s Newest Android Laptop
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
HP is no neophyte in creating Google-powered devices. Back in 2013, Google partnered with HP in producing the slick-designed Chromebook 11; however, the device did not receive a very good review because of its poor features, not to mention its design that resembled "Apple's old plastic MacBooks".
HP has long been speculated to be working on an Android laptop before it confirmed of the news by posting the model in its own Web site on April. The first look of the device was noted by media outlet The Verge explaining that HP outlined the laptop's features and specifications complete with a promotional video.
HP Slatebook 14 Best Features and Specifications
As of this writing, the HP Slatebook overview is already listed on the HP Web site. Notable features include a NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 processor, a 14-inch 1080p HD 10-point capacitive touchscreen display, up to 9 hours of battery life, and a quad BeatsAudioTM speakers.
The Slatebook 14 is officially Android as the device runs with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. This means that HP Slatebook users can enjoy a load of Google apps and services in their laptop including access to Google Play Store.
Design-wise, HP's Android baby is pretty pleasing. It features a yellow bottom and sides, a black cover, all in a lightweight and sleek body. Its streamlined form basically weighs at 3.7 lbs with at 16 mm thickness.
The SlateBook 14 houses a 64 GB of storage space and 2 GB RAM.
Price and Release Date in Australia
The HP Web site provides a different price than the price reported in its press release. The release says that the HP SlateBook's availability in the United States will start on July 20 for a starting with a price tag of $429.99. In its campaign page, on the other hand, HP reveals that the Android laptop's price will start at $399.00 and is scheduled to be available in August 6, 2014.
We checked the Australian edition of the HP Web store to find out how much the model will be priced in the country. However, it seems that the device is yet to be available for the Australian market. If to be based on the present conversion, the HP SlateBook 14 priced at $399 in the U.S. will carry a tag of AUD 431.03.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS