HP Slatebook 14: Features and Release Date of HP’s Newest Android Laptop
By Jenille Cristy Maido | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
HP is no neophyte in creating Google-powered devices. Back in 2013, Google partnered with HP in producing the slick-designed Chromebook 11; however, the device did not receive a very good review because of its poor features, not to mention its design that resembled "Apple's old plastic MacBooks".
HP has long been speculated to be working on an Android laptop before it confirmed of the news by posting the model in its own Web site on April. The first look of the device was noted by media outlet The Verge explaining that HP outlined the laptop's features and specifications complete with a promotional video.
HP Slatebook 14 Best Features and Specifications
As of this writing, the HP Slatebook overview is already listed on the HP Web site. Notable features include a NVIDIA® Tegra® 4 processor, a 14-inch 1080p HD 10-point capacitive touchscreen display, up to 9 hours of battery life, and a quad BeatsAudioTM speakers.
The Slatebook 14 is officially Android as the device runs with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. This means that HP Slatebook users can enjoy a load of Google apps and services in their laptop including access to Google Play Store.
Design-wise, HP's Android baby is pretty pleasing. It features a yellow bottom and sides, a black cover, all in a lightweight and sleek body. Its streamlined form basically weighs at 3.7 lbs with at 16 mm thickness.
The SlateBook 14 houses a 64 GB of storage space and 2 GB RAM.
Price and Release Date in Australia
The HP Web site provides a different price than the price reported in its press release. The release says that the HP SlateBook's availability in the United States will start on July 20 for a starting with a price tag of $429.99. In its campaign page, on the other hand, HP reveals that the Android laptop's price will start at $399.00 and is scheduled to be available in August 6, 2014.
We checked the Australian edition of the HP Web store to find out how much the model will be priced in the country. However, it seems that the device is yet to be available for the Australian market. If to be based on the present conversion, the HP SlateBook 14 priced at $399 in the U.S. will carry a tag of AUD 431.03.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date