‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Cast News: Jamie Dornan Talks about Preparations for His Christian Grey Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Now considered to be one of the sexiest men in Hollywood, Jamie Dornan talks about his preparations in the movie adaptation of E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel where he is cast to portray the ever-moody but sexy lead character Christian Trevelyan Grey.
The 32-year-old actor, whose Christian Grey role continues to be the talk of the town since he was billed for the 'Fifty Shades' role, apparently has to go to the gym a lot in preparation for his role.
Talking to Interview magazine, Dornan revealed big things, including what he and "Fifty Shades of Grey" director Sam Taylor-Wood talked about as part of his preparations for his role.
"I think there was so much more to Christian that we covered-someone who is careful to keep himself in shape, someone who spends obscene amounts of money on presenting himself," Jamie Dornan tells the publication.
"A lot of that work was done in the gym and with costume," the actor explains.
The 'Fifty Shades' star, working alongside Dakota Johnson who is playing as Christian Grey's love interest Anastasia Steele in the highly-anticipated steamy movie, has revealed that he is happy to get a chance to play Christian.
But after all the raves, Dornan has admitted that he still has doubts about the proportions of his body. Jamie Dornan, who turned 32 on May 1, has been an underwear model for American fashion house Calvin Klein, but apparently his childhood still haunts him.
"I don't like my physique," Dornan tells the magazine. "Who does? I was a skinny guy growing up, and I still feel like that same skinny kid."
Dornan once told The Guardian that it was his modeling career that has gotten him through the entertainment industry, saying that he was "lucky" he was getting paid to do it, so Dornan's insecurity about his body doesn't really change a thing about the way fans look at him. But take note that it was not only his body that is giving him the recognition.
Jamie Dornan reportedly didn't win a BAFTA award for his role in the TV drama series "The Fall," but the 'Fifty Shades' actor was still able to prove his acting skills when he won two Irish awards for the same drama series where he plays the role of the serial killer Paul Spector.
Expect to see the fruits of Jamie Dornan's preparations as "Fifty Shades of Grey" hits theatres worldwide on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed