‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Cast News: Jamie Dornan Talks about Preparations for His Christian Grey Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Now considered to be one of the sexiest men in Hollywood, Jamie Dornan talks about his preparations in the movie adaptation of E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel where he is cast to portray the ever-moody but sexy lead character Christian Trevelyan Grey.
The 32-year-old actor, whose Christian Grey role continues to be the talk of the town since he was billed for the 'Fifty Shades' role, apparently has to go to the gym a lot in preparation for his role.
Talking to Interview magazine, Dornan revealed big things, including what he and "Fifty Shades of Grey" director Sam Taylor-Wood talked about as part of his preparations for his role.
"I think there was so much more to Christian that we covered-someone who is careful to keep himself in shape, someone who spends obscene amounts of money on presenting himself," Jamie Dornan tells the publication.
"A lot of that work was done in the gym and with costume," the actor explains.
The 'Fifty Shades' star, working alongside Dakota Johnson who is playing as Christian Grey's love interest Anastasia Steele in the highly-anticipated steamy movie, has revealed that he is happy to get a chance to play Christian.
But after all the raves, Dornan has admitted that he still has doubts about the proportions of his body. Jamie Dornan, who turned 32 on May 1, has been an underwear model for American fashion house Calvin Klein, but apparently his childhood still haunts him.
"I don't like my physique," Dornan tells the magazine. "Who does? I was a skinny guy growing up, and I still feel like that same skinny kid."
Dornan once told The Guardian that it was his modeling career that has gotten him through the entertainment industry, saying that he was "lucky" he was getting paid to do it, so Dornan's insecurity about his body doesn't really change a thing about the way fans look at him. But take note that it was not only his body that is giving him the recognition.
Jamie Dornan reportedly didn't win a BAFTA award for his role in the TV drama series "The Fall," but the 'Fifty Shades' actor was still able to prove his acting skills when he won two Irish awards for the same drama series where he plays the role of the serial killer Paul Spector.
Expect to see the fruits of Jamie Dornan's preparations as "Fifty Shades of Grey" hits theatres worldwide on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones