‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Cast News: Jamie Dornan Talks about Preparations for His Christian Grey Role
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 3, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Now considered to be one of the sexiest men in Hollywood, Jamie Dornan talks about his preparations in the movie adaptation of E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel where he is cast to portray the ever-moody but sexy lead character Christian Trevelyan Grey.
The 32-year-old actor, whose Christian Grey role continues to be the talk of the town since he was billed for the 'Fifty Shades' role, apparently has to go to the gym a lot in preparation for his role.
Talking to Interview magazine, Dornan revealed big things, including what he and "Fifty Shades of Grey" director Sam Taylor-Wood talked about as part of his preparations for his role.
"I think there was so much more to Christian that we covered-someone who is careful to keep himself in shape, someone who spends obscene amounts of money on presenting himself," Jamie Dornan tells the publication.
"A lot of that work was done in the gym and with costume," the actor explains.
The 'Fifty Shades' star, working alongside Dakota Johnson who is playing as Christian Grey's love interest Anastasia Steele in the highly-anticipated steamy movie, has revealed that he is happy to get a chance to play Christian.
But after all the raves, Dornan has admitted that he still has doubts about the proportions of his body. Jamie Dornan, who turned 32 on May 1, has been an underwear model for American fashion house Calvin Klein, but apparently his childhood still haunts him.
"I don't like my physique," Dornan tells the magazine. "Who does? I was a skinny guy growing up, and I still feel like that same skinny kid."
Dornan once told The Guardian that it was his modeling career that has gotten him through the entertainment industry, saying that he was "lucky" he was getting paid to do it, so Dornan's insecurity about his body doesn't really change a thing about the way fans look at him. But take note that it was not only his body that is giving him the recognition.
Jamie Dornan reportedly didn't win a BAFTA award for his role in the TV drama series "The Fall," but the 'Fifty Shades' actor was still able to prove his acting skills when he won two Irish awards for the same drama series where he plays the role of the serial killer Paul Spector.
Expect to see the fruits of Jamie Dornan's preparations as "Fifty Shades of Grey" hits theatres worldwide on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’